Baked Ziti Recipe
8 ounces ziti, uncooked
1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
2 medium onions, chopped
3 cups spaghetti sauce
2 cups Hood® Cottage Cheese
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
· Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart or 2-liter baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
· Cook ziti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
· Meanwhile, crumble meat in a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions. Sauté until meat is cooked. Add spaghetti sauce.
· In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, par sley and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly. Add cooked ziti and mix well.
· Spread about 1/3 of the meat, onion and spaghetti sauce mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon ziti and cheese mixture into the pan.
· Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture into the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.