A World Penguin Day Celebration...
Can a cow save a penguin? Stonyfield, the country’s leading organic yogurt maker, believes they can!
If you love animals anything like I do (they are one of my greatest loves, if we’re being honest here), your heart and gratitude go out to companies that do their part to help them. I actually buy brands that do so. Keep reading and you’ll see why I’ll be buying even more Stonyfield products than I already do!
Stonyfield has long been focused on conservation and sustainability. Each year they keep over 185,000 pounds of toxic pesticides out of the environment, helping to safeguard species and their eco-systems. That’s why Stonyfield YoKids is sponsoring the AZA SAFE program, and through their work together both organizations are on a mission to help save endangered species. In fact, as a proud sponsor of AZA SAFE, Stonyfield has committed funds that will be used to help reverse the decline of the African penguin specifically.
In the last 100 years, African penguin breeding pairs, which numbered almost one million at the beginning of the 20th century, have dropped to approximately 25,000 – a 97 percent decrease. Reasons for this decline include oil spills; a loss of nest burrow sites; and a reduction in prey due to commercial fishing.
In support of the AZA, Stonyfield Organic’s YoKids line will feature an on-pack offer to get families out to visit AZA member zoos and aquariums, which is critically important to inspiring a love of animals – and a commitment to saving them – at an early age. Now through the end of August, families who buy two YoKids yogurt packs will receive a free kid’s admission to their local AZA-accredited zoo or aquarium.
To bring more awareness to these efforts, Stonyfield and an AZA member aquarium will also be hosting a Facebook Live on April 25 (World Penguin Day!).
Continued Below the Cuteness…
Stonyfield’s Sponsorship of Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) SAFE
- Exciting news! Stonyfield YoKids is sponsoring the AZA SAFE (Saving Animals from Extinction) program; together on a mission to help save endangered species. As part of a year-long effort, Stonyfield will not only be contributing funds to field work but aiming to drive kids and their families to see animals and conservation projects first hand at zoos, aquariums, and on the ground where the research is happening.
- As the country’s leading organic yogurt maker, Stonyfield has long been focused on conservation and sustainability. Each year they keep over 185,000 pounds of toxic pesticides out of the environment, helping to safeguard species and their eco-systems.
- Stonyfield YoKids’ sponsorship of AZA SAFE will support conservation efforts for 10 endangered species, including the African Penguin.
- Did you know April 25 is World Penguin Day? To commemorate World Penguin Day, Stonyfield and AZA are hosting a Facebook Live for kids and their parents to get a firsthand look at these majestic seabirds, as well as the conservation work being done to save them. Tune in to this Facebook Live broadcast direct from Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, CT on Tuesday, April 25 at 12 noon.
- The Facebook Live will broadcast from the Stonyfield Facebook page so please be sure to include this link in your post: https://www.facebook.com/stonyfield/
- And here’s more that families can do right here!
- The lovable African Penguin and most endangered AZA SAFE species will be featured prominently on Stonyfield YoKids packaging this year. Kids will be so excited to collect them all!
- Stonyfield YoKids is also featuring an on-pack offer to get families out to visit any of the 131 participating AZA accredited member zoos and aquariums in their own communities (click here for a list). Now through the end of September families who buy two specially-marked YoKids yogurt multipacks will receive a FREE kid’s admission to their local AZA-accredited zoo or aquarium when they also buy an adult ticket.
- By encouraging more kids and families to visit their local participating zoo or aquarium and experience endangered species firsthand, Stonyfield hopes to inspire a lifelong appreciation of our planet and commitment to animal conservation in the next generation.
- To draw further attention to the plight of the endangered species Stonyfield has also created a series of videos that ask kids and their parents, “Can a cow save a penguin or a sea turtle or a cheetah?”
- The humor and heartwarming answers showcase the optimism and imagination of children, but also the need for real action to save endangered species.
- The videos and other resources for families are available at: http://www.stonyfield.com/azasafe
More Exciting New From Stonyfield YoKids
- Now there’s even more reason for parents and kids to love Stonyfield YoKids. Stonyfield recently announced a sugar reduction across its yogurt portfolio – and that includes YoKids.
- Always made with USDA organic, non-GMO ingredients, Stonyfield YoKids yogurt now features as much as 40% less sugar than the leading low-fat kids’ yogurt.
- Stonyfield’s efforts and advances in sugar reduction provide a better yogurt option for the entire family, starting where it matters most – with yogurt for kids.
- Stonyfield YoKids is available in cups, squeezers and smoothies.
- As the leading organic yogurt maker, Stonyfield takes care with everything it puts into its yogurts and everything it keeps out.
- By saying no to toxic persistent pesticides, artificial hormones, antibiotics and GMOs, Stonyfield has been saying yes to delicious, healthy food for more than 30 years.
Can a cow save a penguin? Today, @Stonyfield says let’s #ImagineHow. To commemorate World Penguin Day, 4/25, @Stonyfield YoKids is giving kids and parents a firsthand look at these majestic seabirds, as well as the conservation work being done to save them, with a Facebook Live broadcast starting at 12:00PM EST direct from @mysticaquarium’s Penguin Encounter!
Tune into the Stonyfield Facebook page to catch the broadcast and be the first to learn about their support of @zoos_aquariums. #sponsored