Cute, Fun, Colorful, and Delicious!
I have a special place in my heart for Dr. Seuss and his wonderful books. I taught each of my little girls to read with Dr. Seuss books, so each time I see one, very warm and precious memories come to mind.
The cupcakes, above, are Truffela Trees and were created in honor of the late Dr. Seuss. 109 years ago, on March 2, a little baby boy was born who would go on to have special places in the hearts of parents and children alike. Just think how many mommies, daddies, grandmothers, grandfathers, and aunts and uncles have sat with children who meant the world to them with only a Dr. Seuss book between them. When you think about it, Dr. Seuss has an amazing and beautiful legacy!
Below is the recipe for these gorgeous cupcakes. Much thanks to Target’s A Bulleseye View blog for sharing this recipe with us!
Trufulla Tree Cupcakes
1 box Betty Crocker White Cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
10 drops green food coloring
1 package pretzel stick rods
1 package Fruit Roll-Ups
Colored cotton candy
- Bake white cupcakes in mini-muffin pan according to package instructions.
- Beat butter for 1 minute and add powdered sugar in 1 cup intervals, beating thoroughly between each addition, until creamy. Add in vanilla and cream. Beat well for 2 minutes. Add in green food coloring until frosting is grass green.
- Use a fluted pastry tip to pipe grass on top of cooled mini cupcakes.
- Wrap Fruit Roll-Ups pieces around pretzel sticks. Place tufts of cotton candy on top of pretzel sticks using a bit of extra frosting to help stick the two together.
- Stick the pretzel rod carefully into the center of the grass green cupcake. Enjoy!
Click here for step by step pictures!