A Chicken Recipe Full of Flavor and Sass!
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, here’s a delicious, full of flavor, and downright gorgeous chicken recipe from George Duran. Chicken? Cumin? Tomato Paste? Chocolate? How can it miss?!
Arroz con Pollo Mole Recipe
2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seed
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. mild chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
2 tsp. salt
6 chicken thighs, skin removed
1/2 C. flour
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
salt and pepper
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 red pepper, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 C. rice, uncooked
2 6-oz. can tomato paste
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
6 C. chicken stock
Curly parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Dust chicken thighs with flour and season with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in your IMUSA Non-Stick Caldero on medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and cook bacon until slightly browned. Add onions, red peppers and garlic and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rice, tomato paste, chocolate and dry spices and mix. Add chicken stock and mix again. Allow to come to a simmer, cover and turn heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, and gently mix rice and add chicken thighs on top. Cover and continue simmering for 20-25 more minutes until thighs and rice are cooked. If needed, add more stock or water until rice is done.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving with finely chopped parsley.