It Smells and Tastes Even Better Than it Looks!
The delectable beauty above is a Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole and, as a matter of fact, yes, it does smell and taste even better than it looks. I wish I could describe to you how the kitchen smelled as it was cooking or how amazing it tasted – you’ll just have to settle for a two word description: Completely Heavenly. Throughout the year, I like to tinker with different recipes I plan to make on Holidays and other special days. I planned on making several Cinnamon Roll Casseroles until I found the one that’d be perfect for Christmas morning, but this was perfect right out of the gate, so it doesn’t need any more tinkering.
That’s not to say I won’t make it again between now and then!
Before I get to the recipe, this mother of the bride has to tell on herself. I was sent Cinnabon Sprinkle and Cinnabon Syrup to try in recipes and on favorite foods and drinks. They were having a great contest between June and July that offered truly amazing prizes. One of my daughters (the bride, in fact) and I immediately began using these delicious products on and in everything imaginable. We’d occasionally catch one another pouring the syrup right onto a finger.. don’t judge us until you try it for yourself! The products arrived in the month of June, the same month the contest began. The only problem? That was also the month of the wedding.
Can you say completely distracted mother of the bride?
Seriously, it’s a wonder I even remembered to breath during June. I’m sure you see where this is headed. The contest got away from me, even though I was sitting on a slew of ideas and even recipes!
UPDATE: The sweepstakes has been extended through August 15! How cool is that? Here’s information about the Sweepstakes: A foodie could potentially win a prize pack including: a one-year supply of both the Cinnabon Sprinkle Topping and Cinnabon Syrup (soooooo good!), a one-year supply of the topping and syrup for one of my readers (y-o-u!), recognition on the Cinnabon Creations Facebook page and an American Express gift card!
I’m hoping the fact that I’m still doing this post will impress upon you just how AMAZING these products are. In fact, if my food blog buddies (you, you, you, and you…) buy and fall in love with the Cinnabon Sprinkles and Cinnabon syrup as much as I have – that’ll be even better than the prizes I might have won.
Before I get to a list of ways I’ve found to use these products, I want to share the Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole recipe with you. I based it on a recipe I found online – changing just a few things in order to sneak in my beloved Cinnabon goodies.
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter or baking spray
- 2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup Cinnabon Syrup (if using Maple Syrup, add 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon instead of 1)
- Icing from cinnamon rolls
- Cinnabon Syrup (or Maple Syrup, if you don’t have Cinnabon’s)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Pour melted butter into ungreased 13×9-inch glass baking dish.
- Separate both cans of cinnamon roll dough into 16 rolls.
- Set icing aside, you’ll need it in a minute.
- Cut each of the 16 rolls into 8 pieces and place all the pieces in the butter.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle with ¼ cup syrup.
- Bake 20 to 28 minutes. You want it to be golden brown – be sure not to overcook.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove covers from the little containers of icing. Microwave on Medium (50%) 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle icing over the top of the great smelling Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle the top with Cinnabon Sprinkle.
- OPTIONAL: Drizzle individual servings with Cinnabon Syrup or drizzle the syrup onto the plate, then place a serving right on top. Very pretty!
Unfortunately, Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Flavored Syrup and Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Sprinkle Flavored Topping aren’t available everywhere. They’re new products, though, so I’m sure they’ll expand soon. Check your local stores and, by all means, grab a few if you see them! Keep an eye on Cinnabon Creations Facebook Page for more information.
More Uses for Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Flavored Syrup and Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Sprinkle Flavored Topping:
- Cookies – whether they’re Snickerdoodles, Oatmeal Cookies, or Butter Cookies – are kicked up to delicious notches when sprinkled with Cinnabon Cinnamon Sprinkle. Roll Snickerdoodles in the sprinkle and your mind will be blown.
- Cinnamon toast.
- Oatmeal – I’ve added the sprinkle to oat meal and I’ve added the Cinnabon Syrup. They’re both amazing, but oddly enough the syrup’s even better. Do you remember that blissful little time period when Quaker Instant Oatmeal came with packets of syrup to swirl into your oatmeal? I still miss those! Well, actually, I don’t have to miss them anymore. Swirling Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Syrup into regular flavor oatmeal opens a whole new oatmeal world. I’ve also used it in Steel Cut Oats… awesome.
- The syrup is also great on fruit – especially apples.
- Both are excellent when experimenting with homemade lattes and fraps.
- Sprinkle the Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Sprinkle on top of fried apples.
- Use the Heavenly Cinnabon Syrup on pancakes, waffles, French Toast, muffins, etc.
- Sprinkle the top of an apple pie with the sprinkle. It looks beautiful and tastes even better.
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie would be great topped with Whipped Topping, then sprinkled with the Cinnabon Sprinkle.
- Microwave a sweet potato, top with a little real butter, and sprinkle with Cinnabon Sprinkle.
- Coffeecakes are made even more outstanding with either (or both!) of these Cinnabon Creations.
- Sprinkle Sweet Potato Fries with the Cinnabon Sprinkle.
- The possibilities are endless!
I hope you’ll go to Cinnabon Creation’s Facebook Page and like them (http://www.facebook.com/cinnaboncreations) for all the yumminess they’re putting into the world!
Disclosure: I received the Cinnabon® products used and was entered for a chance to win a Cinnabon Creations prize package in exchange for this post. No monetary exchange took place. All opinions are my own.