There are only a few ways the Food Network could appease me if they gave me an evening with no Alton, Paula OR Rachael: One would be a lifetime supply of chocolate, another would be my own personal Starbuck’s in my backyard, and yet another would be a night devoted to garlic.
They chose to go with the latter – which is, oddly enough, fine with me. Besides, my other faves – Emeril and Jim O’Connor will be there. Check out some of the recipes that’ll be featured in tonight’s line-up:
- Romaine Salad with Creamy Garlic Dressing and Roasted Garlic Croutons (Emeril Live)
- Grilled Pork Chops with Garlic Jam (Emeril Live)
- Charlotte’s Pan-Roasted Latin Style Garlic Soup (Emeril Live)
- Stuffed Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce (FN Challenge)
- Garlic-Good Crab “Cakes” (FN Challenge)
- Chicken Florentine Risotto with Garlic Parmesan Cream (FN Challenge)
Emeril + Pork + Garlic = I’m there. With snacks.
Unwrapped and Secret Life Of also get in on the garlic fun. You can check the tv guide in the sidebar to see other highlights from today on Food TV. Paula Deen has a soup that’s spiked my interest (Senate Bean Soup) – it’ll be on her Paula’s Home Cooking show this morning. She’s also lined up to make a few pies that I KNOW I’ll have to introduce myself to.
I’m not sure why, exactly, but making pies is one of my favorite kitchen activities. There’s something very, very comforting and satisfying about making, baking, and eating a great pie. Especially if you make the crust yourself – that makes it even more special.