Homemade Gifts for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Weddings, Showers, Birthday, and every single day of the year!
When it comes to cookbooks, I’m on a roll I can’t even believe. I’ve been sent some of the most amazing cookbooks and cooking magazines to review lately. As a cookbook collector, I’m in hog Heaven. Chefs, publishers, authors, and food lovers are turning out some of the most amazing cookbooks I’ve ever seen lately. The competition is fierce in this hugely popular subject, and believe me, everyone’s stepping up their game.
The most recent beauty I was sent to review is no exception. Gifts from the Kitchen: 100 Irresistible Homemade Presents for Every Occasion is filled with stunningly beautiful photos and highly unique, absolutely amazing recipes. There’s a recipe for Fortune Cookies (page 126), for example, and you can even add your own message inside. They’re gorgeous.
If, for some reason, you aren’t sure you want to buy a book just for baked Christmas gift ideas, let me assure you that this is a book you’ll use year round. Check out some of the great recipes, and you’ll see what I mean:
- Granola (make a batch for yourself to use on yogurt or cereal or make for a gift – fills about 4 jam jars)
- Chocolate Valentine’s Cakes
- Baby Shower Cakes (they’d be gorgeous for wedding showers too)
- Easter Nest Cupcakes (adorable!)
- Stained Glass Snowflake Cookies
- Wedding Cake
- Pickled Cucumbers
- Pink and White Vanilla Marshmallows (perfect for Mother’s Day or birthdays)
- Raspberry and Rose Chocolate Wafers (too beautiful to even talk about)
- Greek Honey Cookies
- Candied Citrus Peel
- Apple Jelly
- Mint Jelly
- Hot Chili Pepper Jelly
- Strawberry and Vanilla Preserves
- Cherry Jam
- Raspberry and Passion Fruit Pastilles
- Love Heart Sugar Cubes (PERFECT for Valentine’s Day – they look like candied sugar hearts – the kind with words printed on them)
- Chocolate and Hazlenut Spread (Homemade Nutella? I’m all int!)
- English Muffins
- Sea-Salted Caramels
- Peanut or Macadamia Brittle
- Tortellini with Roasted Butternut Squash, Spinach, and Ricotta
- Pickled Beets
- Chocolate Truffles
- Spiced Cranberry Jelly
- Spiced Nuts
- Herbal Teas
- Pecan Snowball Cookies
- And even more!
In the back of the book, the author has listed different occasions – along with the recipes that would be ideal for each. The occasions include:
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
- Baby Shower
- Bachelorette Party
- New Year’s Day
- House Guest
You could easily add:
- Grandparent’s Day
- Secretary’s Day
- Boss’s Day
- Game day
Then again, since when do we even need an occasion to bake beautiful treats for our loved ones? I baked two beautiful pies last night and the occasion was “On Account” – On account of wanting to see everyone’s faces light up when they came through the door and smelled (and saw) Apple and Cherry Pies greeting them. This gorgeous cookbook and gift guide is FILLED with “On Account” recipes!
See Gifts from the Kitchen: 100 Irresistible Homemade Presents for Every Occasion for more information. Fellow foodies, this is one you’ll want to order today. It’s beautiful.