I was recently sent a copy of the beautiful issue of Holiday magazine (Good Housekeeping) 301 Recipes & Decorating Ideas 2011 from Good Housekeeping, Redbook, and Country Living. How could it be anything less than magnificent?
Answer: It couldn’t be.
Not only do I want you to grab a copy before Christmas, I want you to grab a copy before Thanksgiving. Not only will you want to make sure they don’t sell out, there are some great recipes you can start enjoying now AND with your Thanksgiving meal. Plus, it’ll give you plenty of time to plan your Christmas menu. Confession: I’ve already begun planning my Thanksgiving and Christmas menus – and A LOT of the things I’ve written down have come from Holiday magazine (Good Housekeeping) 301 Recipes & Decorating Ideas 2011.
Then, you have the fact that there are countless decorating tips, ideas, crafts, and projects in addition to the great recipes. There’s a gorgeous Poinsettia display that I’m going to use year round with “cat safe” flowers. Unfortunately, Poinsettia’s don’t fit the bill, so I’m buying the best looking artificial Poinsettias I can find. Solved!
There are also different wreaths, swags, uses for Christmas ornament balls, table setting ideas, and so on. When I first looked through the magazine, I found myself saying, “I’m going to do that.. I’m doing that… I can do that…” Seriously, this magazine is packed with great ideas.
Then there are the recipes. Wow! Below are just a few of the recipes (with beautiful color photographs) you’ll find in this great bookazine.
- PB & J Snowflakes (cookies)
- Chocolate Glaciers (cookies)
- Six recipes for brownie lovers (of whom I am chief)
- Elegant Beef (Pepper-Crusted Prime Rib – the picture will make your mouth water)
- Crispy Potato-Parmesan Galette
- Mixed Winter Greens
- Green Beans with Caramelized Red Onions
- Broccoli with Garlic & Lemon
- Low Fat Eggnog
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes (yay!!!)
- Ginger & Honey Mustard-Glazed Ham
- Plus many, many, many more recipes.
Recipes that lead me to encourage you to buy this bookazine before Thanksgiving:
- Cranberry Apple Chutney
- Turkey with Giblet-Mushroom Gravy
- Easy Turkey Stock
- Savory Bread Stuffing with Pears
- Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots
- Sour Cream Smashed Potatoes
- Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Maple Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
- Roasted Squash with Walnuts
- Sweet Potato & Chive Biscuits
The great thing about this collection is that I’ll be using the recipes year round. I almost always have cookies made up around our house, so I know I’ll be using these cookie recipes over and over again. Also, there are a lot of recipes provided for entertaining and holiday parties that’ll make great appetizers and game day treats all year long (Tartlets, Puff Pastry Nibbles, Teriyaki Meatballs, Steak House Crostini, Mini Crab Cakes, Artichoke-Fontina Dip, Light Onion Dip, Warm Crab Dip, Goat Cheese Logs, Healthy Pimento Cheese Logs….)
Either click through the link (Holiday magazine (Good Housekeeping) 301 Recipes & Decorating Ideas 2011) and order your copy today or look for it in your favorite store right away. This one’s a must have.