This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a percentage. This costs you nothing extra, of course, but helps me support this food blog while allowing me to maintain the lifestyle my cats have become accustomed to!
October is many things to many people. Not only is it one of the greatest months of the year for sport’s fans, it uses its time compassionately to bring attention to wonderful causes such as breast cancer awareness and prevention of bullying awareness.
Did you know that October – such an over-achieving month – is also National Pasta Month?
Whoot! I love pasta so much I could eat it every day and never complain. Truth be told, I’d be too full and content to complain!
Last month I was sent three Prego Alfredo Sauces to review on Gent Cooking. Knowing that National Pasta Month was just around the corner, I decided to cool my heels and save the post for a series of Pasta Posts I knew I’d have in store for October. I certainly didn’t wait to enjoy the sauces though! In fact, I photographed the lovelies – then proceeded to enjoy them all within a single week.
I told you I was crazy for pasta.
I have, since that time, bought these three guys several times over.
These Delicious Prego Alfredo Sauces are:
- Prego Artisan Three Cheese – a creamy sauce with an amazing flavor that cheese fans will flip for. Like all of the Prego Sauces, it tasted decidedly homemade. Heat and serve…. Prego, I love you.
- Prego Homestyle Alfredo – this one is also fantastically creamy, maybe even creamer than the others, if that’s possible. It’s just Heavenly, with a blend of garlic, fresh cream and Parmesan cheese and the sight of it clinging to the pasta is a thing of beauty.
- Prego Flavored with Savory Bacon – this one is the first one I actually tried (it’s pictured at the top). I have to say, I was a little skeptical. I’ve never invited bacon to pasta meals other than as salad toppings. Don’t get me wrong, I love bacon, but I never thought of pairing it with pasta or pasta sauces. One bite into the pasta and I realized I’d been a perfect fool. The flavor of the rich, creamy Alfredo alongside the unmistakable flavor of BACON wasn’t just delicious, it was stupid delicious. Not only was it the first one I tried, it was also the first one I bought.
I have tried and tried to think which one is my favorite. I wanted to be able to say, “Y’all will want to try all three, but be sure to try____ first…” But, alas, I can’t decide. They’re each freaking amazing and you couldn’t go wrong with any of them. As I said, I’ve bought each one several times since my original review.
So, I guess I’ll just have to say, Y’all buy the one that sounds best to you… then buy the other two immediately after that! They’re perfect 10s.
See links to some fantastic recipes using these sauces below the picture.
Did You Know?
- Prego is Italian for “Thank you!” or “Don’t mention it!”
- Prego Sauces are from the Campbell Soup Company – which explains the exceptional flavors and unmatched quality.
- The three cheeses in the Prego Artisan Three Cheese Alfredo Sauce are White Cheddar, Parmesan and Romano. See a recipe for Simple Chicken Florentine Alfredo with Fettuccine using this awesome sauce.
- Each of the sauces here are just 70 (Three Cheese / Bacon) or 80 (Homestyle Alfredo) calories per serving.
- See a recipe for Creamy Burger Bake using the Homestyle Alfredo!
- Prego Heart Smart Sauces are Cholesterol-free, low in saturated fat, and are certified by the American Heart Association. They’re also fantastic!
- More Prego Sauce Recipes from Campbell’s Kitchen.