Beautiful Cheesecake for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
This Saturday is the first day of Fall and I, for one, couldn’t be happier. I love each of the four seasons, but this past Summer was quite a pill. She wasn’t at all reasonable. As Andy Griffith would say, she wasn’t reasonable a’tall!
Besides, Autumn and winter are my personal favorites, so bring ‘em on!
The following recipe is a great Autumn recipe, Pumpkin Cheesecake. I have to admit, around this time of year, I put Pumpkin Pie Spice in and on everything: Doughnut holes (in the dough AND in the powdered sugar glaze), cookies, pancakes, sugar cookies, coffee (sprinkled on top of the whipped topping), oatmeal, smoothies.. the list goes on and on and on.
- 1 – 1/2 cups finely ground gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoon Spice Islands Vanilla Extract
- 1 – 1/2teaspoons Spice Islands Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 500º F.
- Combine gingersnaps, walnuts, sugar and butter in a medium bowl.
- Press into the bottom and 1-inch up the side of a 10-inch non-stick spring form pan.
- Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add 5 eggs, one at a time, then vanilla, beating on low speed.
- Transfer 2-1/2 cups to a separate bowl; set aside.
- Beat 1 egg, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin into remaining filling until smooth. Pour half of pumpkin filling into crust, then half of the plain; repeat.
- Swirl gently with a spoon.
- Bake at 500ºF for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 200ºF and bake 30 minutes.
- Tent with aluminum foil and continue baking for 1 hour or until center appears nearly set.
- Run a knife around top of cake to loosen from pan.
- Turn off oven and open door to allow cake to cool gradually for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and finish cooling on a rack for 15 minutes, then chill in refrigerator at least 6 hours.
TIP: Place a pan of water in the oven with the cheesecake while baking. This will help prevent the cake from cracking.