T-fal ActiFry Recipe for Healthier Fries
In my book, it’s almost always the right time for fries. Steak fries, skinny fries, waffle fries, crinkle fries – this gal isn’t the least bit picky. However the fries want to dress for the party is fine with me.
However (and it’s a deal-breaking type of however), cooking healthy meals for my family is of the utmost importance to me. So, when it comes to foods like fries, my options are:
- Do without.
- Find alternatives.
- Find healthier ways to prepare them.
Trust me, I exhaust all possibilities with #3 before moving upward to #2 or #1!
The recipe below is from Amy Sherman – apparently someone else who works from #3 to #1. Amy recommends using the T-fal FZ7000001 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy Dishwasher Safe Multi-Cooker, White in a lot of her recipes and I’m guessing it’s the sort of small kitchen appliance that makes more #3′s possible.
I’m all for that!
In the recipe below, her Paprika Fries call for the ActiFry. You can, of course, use an alternate fryer (or deep pan on the stove), but for the healthiest version, go the ActiFry route. I, personally, have never tried the T-fal ActiFry, so I can’t – in all honesty – recommend it one way or the other. However, I am quite familiar with T-fal and know that everything they make is first class. So, my money’s on it being outstanding.
For more T-fal ActiFry Recipes, click the link.
- 1-3/4 lbs baking potatoes such as Yukon gold
- ½ ActiFry spoon paprika (or ½ a tablespoon)
- 2 ActiFry spoons vegetable oil (or 2 tablespoons)
- ½ tsp salt (approx.)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into fries of equal thickness, no more than ⅔ inch in square thickness recommended.
- Rinse fries thoroughly in water; drain well. Use a clean kitchen towel to thoroughly dry the fries.
- Place the fries in a bowl.
- Toss gently with the paprika and half of the oil to evenly coat the fries.
- Transfer the fries to the ActiFry pan; drizzle evenly with the remaining oil.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until the fries are golden and cooked through, (the cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fries and the variety of potato used).
- Season fries with salt (adjust to taste).
- Variation: Toss the potatoes with any of your favorite seasoning blends such as Montreal steak spice, Tex Mex seasoning or garlic-herb blend.
More About the T-fal ActiFry:
The T-fal ActiFry is a low fat cooker that enables you to cook tasty dishes while reducing the amount of fat you are having. The ActiFry is engineered to minimize the use of oil while cooking. This revolutionary appliance allows you to enjoy great tasting a wide array of dishes but at the same time stay healthy and feel good about what you are eating.
With ActiFry you can enjoy cripsy, great tasting fries that are low in fat! By using just one tablespoon of oil you can make 2 pounds of fresh French fries, enough to feed a family of four. That one spoonful is over 200 times less than a traditional 3 liter deep fat fryer, which not only means that your food is substantially more healthy, but it is also more economical. The French fries have only 3% fat per serving.
Moreover, ActiFry is a versatile cooking appliance and can be use to create a variety of helathy, low-fat dishes with minimal effort. ActiFry is not just for French fries, it enables you to cook full meals such as chili, risotto, gumbos, vegetable, or meat stir frys, seafood, and even yummy desserts. ActiFry enables you to create your favorite dishes that are not only delicious but nutritious. Each recipe requires from 0 to 2 tablespoons of oil for four servings.
- 2.2 -pound-capacity electric low-fat multi-cooker with patented stirring paddle and pulsating heat system
- Cook a variety of full meals easily and quickly using little-to-no oil
- Easy 2 button operation; See through steam-free lid; ceramic coated nonstick aluminum pan: PTFE and PFOA free.
- No pre-heating needed – constant cooking temperature of 338-degree F.
- Easy to clean – dishwasher-safe lid, pan, paddle and filter; color recipe book (38 recipes) and measuring spoon included.
- Measures 16.7 by 13.6 by 9.4 inches; weight: 8.9 lbs. Power: 1450W, 12A; 1-year limited warranty; Made in France
Read more about the revolutionary T-fal FZ7000001 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy Dishwasher Safe Multi-Cooker, White.