Macaroni and Cheese
8 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 medium onions, chopped
2 Tbs butter or margarine
1 Tbs dried parsley, plus pinch for garnish
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 cups Hood® Cottage Cheese
1/2 cup Hood® Milk
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 quart or 2 liter baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
· Cook macaroni according to package directions until tender but firm. Drain, then rinse with cool water, and set aside.
· Sauté onions in butter until just tender.
· In a large bowl, combine macaroni, onion, cheddar cheese, parsley and black pepper.
· Blend cottage cheese and milk together in a food processor until smooth. Pour this over macaroni mixture and mix thoroughly. Pour entire mixture into baking dish.
· In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the macaroni mixture, along with pinch of dried parsley. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until hot in the center. Se rve hot.
*** Thanks a million to Hood Cottage Cheese for these incredible recipes! (Click the link for even more recipes.)