This delicious, yet simple, recipe is from a little recipe booklet that I got YEARS ago in a Dollar General Store for, like, $3. It’s a “PHILADELPHIA” Cream Cheese Cookbook called, “A Little Taste of Heaven: Appetizers, Cheesecakes, and More.” It was put out in 2003, so it might be a little tricky to find (try eBay or click the image to the right for Amazon), but if you can get your hands on it, it’s pure gold. Cream cheese is one of my favorite things to bake with; like buttermilk, it just makes everything better.
You’ll love this recipe. Coffee combined with chocolate AND cream cheese?!?! I could eat this every day for the rest of my life.
|PHILADELPHIA 3 STEP Cappuiccino Cheesecake|
- 2 pkg (8 oz each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS milk
- 2 TBS MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee
- 1 ready-to-use chocolate crumb crust
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and well blended. Add the 2 eggs and mix well.
- Microwave milk on high for 15 seconds.
- If you don’t have a microwave, of course, you can simply heat it on the stovetop in the tiniest pan imaginable!
- Stir instant coffee into milk until dissolved.
- Stir into batter and pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees fro 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. (You’ll barely make the 3 hours before diving in, so you’d better go with that one.)