This is one of the most amazing kitchen appliances I’ve seen in a long time. Granted, I’m prejudiced because it produces beverages of a caffeinated nature – the very fuel I run on – but I would whole-heartedly recommend this amazing system to anyone and everyone. Trust me, if you have someone special on your Christmas list that you want to really (no, no I mean REALLY) impress, this is the route you need to take. Just be sure to grab one for yourself or you’ll be doing the self kick thing….an utterly ridiculous looking act that you really don’t want to be caught performing.
What makes The Tassimo Coffee Maker Tea Brewer & Cocoa TA1400 by Braun so amazing?
Wow, where do I even start?
- The Tassimo Coffee Maker by Braun is economical. Tassimo makes coffee, tea, hot chocolate, espresso, and even cappuccino and latte with real milk. You know all the incredible drinks you fork over big bucks for at Starbuck’s and other coffeehouses? You can now stay in the comfort of your own home or office and, with a little experimenting, produce the same things. This system will pay for itself within a year on diminished trips OUT for lattes, coffees, teas, etc. Last night I added up how much I typically spend at Starbuck’s – my trips honestly average 6 times a week, and each trip averages $5.00. Sometimes I go alone (meaning the cost is less than $5.00) and sometimes I have 1,2, and\or 3 daughters with me (meaning the cost is WAY past $5.00). Also, I’m a tipper and never put anything less than $1.00 or $2.00 in the tip jar. Add, add, add, add…..my Tassimo has nearly paid for itself already.
- You can have your cup of coffee just how you want it. Tassimo has something called a Patented T-DISC system with barcode technology that expertly adjusts to the optimal brewing time, temperature and amount of water for every drink for a perfect cup every time. Simply put, you get it just like you want it. You don’t have to worry about someone else getting your cup of coffee or tea the way you want it – in less than 3 minutes you can make it exactly how your taste buds specify.
- Adjustable cup stand accommodates various cup sizes from a 3-oz. espresso cup to an 11-oz. travel mug.
- Easy to clean-most of the moveable parts are dishwasher safe.
- It’s incredibly fast. Because you brew one cup at a time, you can have your hot cup of Heaven in the time it would have taken you to just get dressed for a trip to your favorite coffeehouse.
- You feel like your kitchen is your own private coffeehouse. Except you don’t charge yourself anything and I assume you don’t have a tip jar. (my kitchen’s like Grand Central Station and I just got an idea...)
I’ve been playing and partying with this sexy machine for days before blogging about it – because I really, really like to be certain about something before I recommend it to anyone else. So, even though I was itching to post about it after my very first cup, I showed some restraint.
I’ve now tried out the different coffee pods that are sold for this machine, I’ve tried the milk pods (amazing cappuccino action!), the hot chocolate pods, and the tea pods. The tea is out of this world when brewed, sweetened, then served with lemon over ice. When I first tasted it, I thought, “Now this is how tea’s supposed to taste: Southern!” Each are so delicious it’s amazing. Personally, I prefer my own homemade hot chocolate (more chocolaticious) – but not everyone is inclined to spend 20 minutes making hot chocolate. The hot chocolate pods do produce a great cup of cocoa, though…. in about 1/10 of the time.
I’ve also heard that they’re making a Chai Tea pod available. Thank you, God. Thank you.
If you’ve ever considered The Tassimo Coffee Maker Tea Brewer & Cocoa by Braun, I encourage you to GO FOR IT! Click one of the links in this post and go read more about this amazing technological marvel.
May 19, 2007 UPDATE: I’m still daily using my Tassimo and loving it madly! I brew my morning coffee in my regular coffee maker, otherwise I’d wear a path out in my carpet from my desk to the kitchen. But, for that afternoon pick-me-up and for my evening cup of tea orcoffee, I use my Tassimo. As in every single day. Tassimo keeps coming out with new and exciting pods, too – so it’s not the same coffee over and over.
February 11, 2014 UPDATE: I no longer have this Tassimo Maker – however, it DID last for years. In fact, let’s see, it decided it no longer wanted to work for a living two years ago, so it lasted around 6 years. That’s all kinds of awesome for a kitchen appliance that’s put through what I put this Tassimo through – DAILY usage, to the tune of about 6 times a day. Large family + Large addiction to coffee = Large Usage.