Visit Memphis BBQ’s Online Store for the Ultimate BBQ Rub (above), as well as BBQ Sauces that sound HEAVENLY.
Below are a few recipes courtesy of Melissa Cookston, the most successful female competitive Pitmaster in BBQ history. She’s the Co-Owner of Memphis BBQ (Horn Lake, MS) and knows her BBQ like few could even pretend to!
|Grilled Steak Recipe|
- 4 bone in ribeyes, 1” thick
- 4 tbsp Memphis Barbecue Company Ultimate Rub
- 1tbsp Ground coffee
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Tobacco rings (recipe follows)
- Prepare grill for medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, place steaks in a shallow dish.
- Mix together Memphis Barbecue Company Ultimate Rub, coffee and cumin, and then liberally season both sides of steaks with the seasoning mix.
- Set steaks aside and allow it to come up to room temperature before grilling.
- After grill is hot, place steaks on and leave for 3 minutes, then rotate each steak 45 degrees. This will give you that professional grill mark you see in steakhouses.
- After 2 more minutes, flip steaks and cook for 4 minutes. This will give you a medium rare to medium steak.
- If you prefer a more well-done steak, simply move it to a cooler part of the grill to avoid burning and continue to cook until desired doneness is reached.
- When you are ready, remove steaks and cover with a piece of foil to rest 5-10 minutes. Plate steaks, then top with Tobacco onions and serve.
medium onion, peeled and slice into extremely thin rings
tbsp hot sauce
tsp coarse ground black pepper
To prepare the Tobacco Onion Rings, soak rings in milk and hot sauce. Seal flour and seasonings in a zip top bag and shake to distribute seasonings.