A few nights ago, I saw a really cool recipe on one of my favorite shows – Good Eats with Alton Brown. Alton made an amazing looking French Onion soup in an electric skillet. The soup looked so delicious I could practically smell it through the television. It made me anxious to try his recipe (all Alton Brown recipes are great) AND it reminded me that it’s time… way past time, that is.. to replace my electric skillet. I think it’s pretty safe to say that if anything in your kitchen looks like something Alice would use to whip up something for the Brady kids, it’s time to upgrade.
The Electric Skillet shown here is a great-looking alternative. It’s from Anna’s Linens and is available online only.
- 12 x 15 inch cooking surface
- Sturdy, tempered glass lid with stainless steel rim and cool touch knob
- Glass lid to easily monitor food as it is being cooked
- Easy to read, detachable, adjustable temperature probe (Warm – 450°F)
- Deep interior for roasting or frying
- Warm setting is perfect for keeping food warm on a buffet
- Non-stick surface, eliminates the need for oil or butter
- Easy carrying, heat resistant handles
- Includes instructions with recipes
- 1300 watts