Chicken Salad with Boiled Egg Recipe (Gluten-Free)
When I had to start eating entirely gluten-free (health reasons), I realized how much I took sandwiches for granted – especially favorites like chicken salad, pimento cheese, and egg salad. Throw them on bread and BOOM, you’re done. When you have (or choose to) eat gluten-free or choose to eat keto, you have to get creative. Thankfully this is pretty darn easy and actually just as delicious, if not more so.
If you’ll be eating this chicken salad recipe on bread (regular or gluten-free), you’ll probably want to chop the veggies finely and chop the chicken and eggs as much as possible. If, like me, you’ll eat it on the plate with lettuce, tomato, and all the pickles in the house (What? Not everyone is a pickle hound like me??), leave the chicken, boiled eggs, and veggies chunky (as in the picture above)- you’ll be glad you did when stabbing them with a fork.
After you’ve combined the ingredients, taste and add any extra mayo or seasonings desired.
Either way, I think you’re going to love this chicken salad recipe.
Chicken Salad with Eggs (Gluten-Free)
- 1 whole cooked chicken, cut up (store-bought rotisserie chickens are IDEAL!)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped or diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced or chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped or diced
- 2-4 tablespoons Duke's mayonnaise, or another great brand
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Combine everything and chill for a couple of hours. Serve on bread, toast, or lettuce wraps.
If you want an easier way to make “boiled” eggs, please do yourself a HUGE favor and check out the Dash Egg Cooker. I’ve used mine (at least once a week) for over a year and think, “This is one of the best kitchen gadgets ever made..” each time I use it. The eggs turn out PERFECT each time and are gloriously easy to peel.
If you’re looking for a great egg salad recipe, here’s one I use every single time!