Cream Cheese? Check!
Que the song, “… these are a few of my fav-O-rite things…” – is it any wonder I’m obsessed with these cookie truffles?
These truffles call for Glutiono Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies (which are beyond delicious on their own, by the way – they’ll rock your world with a glass of milk). The traditional truffles call for a package of Oreo cookies – but they’re certainly off-limits for those of us who have to avoid wheat/gluten.
Thanks to Glutino we don’t have to miss out on chocolate sandwich cookie truffles. I’ve actually found that, thanks to companies like Glutino, we can pretty much have and enjoy anything our counterparts have. It just takes a little more planning and creativity.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Truffles Recipe
1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
1 pkg Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies, finely crushed
1 pkg white chocolate chips, melted
- Mix softened cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended (if you want to top the truffles with crumbs, reserve some to the side).
- Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. This makes them hold up better when it’s time to dunk them in the white chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate when it’s almost time for the truffles to come out of the freezer. I melt them either in a double boiler type situation (big bowl over a pan of boiling water) or in VERY short intervals in the microwave. Burning the white chocolate is a miserable, ugly thing – so go slowly… as in 30 seconds at a time.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and quickly top with either cookie crumbs, sprinkles, or colored sugar. You could also drizzle melted caramel on top and sprinkle it with a little sea salt – if you’re feeling fancy, you know.
- Allow the truffles to hang out in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to set.
I hear of people storing these truffles in the refrigerator but, in my house, it never comes to that. They’re gone before I could even open said refrigerator.
You can find Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies in just about any grocery store. You can, of course, also find them on Amazon.