I recently had the pleasure of reviewing some extra-unique, extra-wholesome, and extraordinary cookies. They’re Goji Gourmet’s Goji Berry Cookies and they’re as ingenious as they are delicious. They’re small, soft, and absolutely scrumptious. They’re perfect for kids or adults – basically anyone who has a sweet tooth they want to satisfy while staying on the healthy side of the dietary fence.
No refined sugar added
High in antioxidants
Infused with Superfoods
Great for kids
Mostly organic ingredients
Goji Almond Oat
Goji Chocolate Chip
Goji Cherry Cacao
Goji Ginger Walnut
Goji Orange MintChip
What You Need to Know:
- These cookies were featured on the Rachael Ray Show as snack of the day
- Four of these little cookies take the edge off a sweet tooth better than any 10-calorie pack (Health.com)
- Goji Berries have 8 times more antioxidants than pomegranates and 10 times more than blueberries. They have more iron than spinach or steak and 500 times more vitamin C, by weight, than oranges.
- Goji Berries are rich in potassium, protein, and have 18 amino acids.
- Goji Berries are loaded with magnesium, vitamins B1, B2, B6, and vitamin E.
- Goji Berries are a natural aphrodisiac!
Visit Goji Gourmet for more nutritional information and order your own guilt-free cookies today!
I loved each variety but if I had to put them in order of my preference, they’d read like this: Goji Almond Oat (I absolutely cannot stay out of these cookies), the Goji Orange MintChip, the Goji Chocolate Chip, the Goji Cherry Cacao, and the Goji Ginger Walnut.
The Goji Almond Oat Cookies are addictive – they should come with a warning label saying as much. I’m also totally hooked on the Goji Orange MintChip cookies. The only way to describe them is to say they taste like Christmas would taste if it had a flavor. The citrus of the orange reminds me of the fruit baskets that are always around the house during the Holidays and the mint makes me think of candy canes.
So, there you have it. They taste like Christmas.
The Goji Cherry Cacao and Goji Chocolate Chip cookies love to be dunked in milk. They’re super with Rice Milk (a personal favorite).
The Goji Ginger Walnut cookies may come in last in my list but don’t think they aren’t special – ginger just isn’t one of my favorite flavors for some reason. I LOVE the smell of ginger, but the flavor always leaves me scratching my head. My daughters FLIPPED for this variety though.
Just as well, it frees me up to concentrate on the rest of the gang. And by concentrate I mean gobble. If you (like me) have healthier eating in mind for 2011, but have no intention of compromising on flavor and food enjoyment, these are cookies you’ll want to try. They’re wholesome, delicious, nutritious, and perfect for kids of all ages.
They’re ideal to pop into lunch boxes too.