Back to School: Brown Bag Makeover
Pirate’s Booty Offers Tips on a Healthier Start to the School Year
As the blissful summer days packed with ice cream, Italian ices and barbeque come to an end, your readers will be thinking about starting their kids off right when they return to school by packing delicious, but nutritious lunches.
Pirate’s Booty, the makers of delectable crunchy air-puffed snacks baked with all-natural ingredients, first developed its products specifically for kids in 1986 – before healthy snacks even hit the marketplace. The motto at Pirate’s Booty is that no matter the age – tot to teen – children need to learn how to eat healthy and balanced to sustain good eating habits for life.
Luckily, Pirate’s Booty’s resident pirate and healthy living expert is here to offer some healthful tips for a “Back to School: Brown Bag Makeover”:
- Don’t Be a Son of a Biscuit Eater – Trade in the white bread for slices of whole-grain or a whole wheat wrap instead.
- Lay Off the Meat Pie – Opt for leaner meats like turkey or chicken that are low in fat, but high in protein, so your child can grow up big and strong.
- Open the Hatch – Expand the range of foods in your child’s repertoire to include a little from each food group – grains, protein, dairy, fruits and vegetables.
- Cut the Sugar, Scallywag – Avoid over sugary snacks and cakes and your child will surely avoid the inevitable energy crash and possible weight gain.
- Avast ye the Salt – Super salty snacks can dehydrate a youngling, so watch the sodium intake.
- Don’t Drop the Snack Anchor – Noshing on whole grain snacks that are low in sugar will keep a child’s energy up for that big test in between breakfast and lunch.
Pirate’s Booty is a delectable crunchy snack made from puffed rice and corn and is the perfect fit for the “Don’t Drop the Snack Anchor” tip above. Pirate’s Booty is baked with all-natural ingredients, is low in fat and is gluten and trans-fat free. The company even added two new flavors to the Pirate’s Booty line – Bermuda Onion and Sea Salt & Vinegar are on shelves now. The new flavors enhance “The Original Puff” family that includes Aged White Cheddar, Veggie, Barbeque and Caramel. The great subtle flavors will have you craving more!
Other great-tasting snacks include Smart Puffs; all-natural baked corn puffs made with real Wisconsin cheddar and Original Tings; all-natural vegan crunchy corn sticks.
Now, look out for Pirate’s Booty six packs at your local grocer – the one ounce bags are the perfect addition to a healthy lunch.
We hope you’ll be inspired to live a little healthier and have fun while doing it! Let’s weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen!
Robert’s American Gourmet Food, LLC.
Robert’s American Gourmet Food, LLC., a manufacturer of all-natural snacks including Pirate’s Booty, Smart Puffs and Original Tings, was established in 1986 and is located in Seacliff, NY. Robert’s American Gourmet products are sold in the US and Canada. For more information visit: www.piratesbooty.com