Have you ever used a Himalayan Salt Block (Amazon link)? They are so incredibly cool and fun to use, you’ll wonder why in the world you never ordered one before! I highly recommend buying Salt Block Grilling: 70 Recipes for Outdoor Cooking with Himalayan Salt Blocks by Mark Bitterman… (Amazon link) as well.
Features of the VOLTAS Himalayan Salt Block:
- 100% Natural Himalayan Salt Cooking Block & iron Steel Holder to Avoid Rust.
- Recipe Pamphlet, Size, 12 X 8 X 1.5
- Kosher Food Grade Natural Himalayan Salt.
- Salty Flavor Extra Sizzle: Add extra sizzling salty flavor taste to all your meals Meat, Fish, Vegetables, seafood and more.
- High Quality Metal Tray: The Salt Block Holder is made out of high quality steel that provides the sturdy support and protection to extend your Salt Block’s life.
- Great Serving Plate Presentation: Himalayan Salt’s natural pink crystals also enhance food presentation, making it suitable for serving chilled food. Place Salt Block in the Holder, refrigerate for an hour or two and use it as a serving plate. Whether hot or cold, Himalayan Salt tiles hold temperatures effectively (up to 500°F). Impress your guests and yourself with an all natural serving dish.
- Simple & Easy to clean: Unlike all those hard to clean cutting boards, given the salt blocks natural properties the salt disinfects themselves and is cleaned by simply wiping it with a wet cloth, And let the air dry it.
This Himalayan Salt Block (Amazon link) would make an outstanding gift idea for Father’s Day – just in time for grilling season… or, in this case, grilling seasoned.
Sorry, I had to.
Burgers and Asparagus on a Himalayan Salt Block
Not surprisingly, the first thing he wanted to fix on the block were burgers (he could give Popeye’s buddy Wimpy a run for his money) and asparagus (his favorite vegetable). He cooked some burgers and asparagus on another part of the grill (for comparison’s sake) and the juiciness of the burgers were BEYOND noticeable. In fact, “JUICY,” was the first thing out of our mouths – when they weren’t full, of course – our mothers taught us manners, after all. They were delectable and juicier than any burger I think I’ve ever had.
As for the asparagus, if all asparagus tasted as great as these did, it’d be more people’s favorite vegetable. Before putting them on the block, I lightly oiled them with EVOO and seasoned them with pepper and garlic powder – I trusted the block to take care of the salt factor.
They were just fantastic – flavorful with the perfect amount of crispiness. Wilting, overcooked asparagus is depressing and these were nowhere near that.
Himalayan Salt Blocks are PERFECT for:
- Burgers (Juicy burgers, that is)
I think the cast of characters for a fajita – skirt steak sliced bell peppers, mushrooms and onions – would be out of this world too. The possibilities are endless. See Himalayan Salt Block (Amazon link) for more information.
Salt Block Grilling: 70 Recipes for Outdoor Cooking with Himalayan Salt Blocks by Mark Bitterman (Amazon link) would make a perfect companion as a gift. It’s full of ideas, recipes, and tips – everything a new salt block griller needs to know to have the confidence and swagger to work their salt block magic.
Book Description: Over 70 all new recipes for grilling traditional and nontraditional dishes on a Himalayan salt block from salt expert and best-selling author of Salt Block Cooking, Mark Bitterman.
Everyone who loves the excitement and pleasure of discovering new cooking techniques will enjoy this guide to grilling and entertaining with salt blocks. The introduction is your salt block owner’s manual, with everything you need to know to purchase, use, and maintain salt blocks with confidence. The six chapters that follow are divided into over 70 recipes organized by key ingredients: Meat, Seafood, Poultry, Vegetables and Fruit, Dairy, and Doughs. You’ll find recipes for Salt Seared Smoked Pork Belly, Lamb Satay with Mint Chutney and Spicy Peanut Crumble, Salt Seared Tuna Nicoise Salad, Hot Salted Edamame with Sesame, Shiso, and Szechuan Pepper, and Salty, Smoky Walnut-Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
Bitterman is the foremost salt block expert and one of the largest importers and retail distributors of salt blocks. The precious pink mineral mined from ancient hills in Pakistan’s Punjab province has arrived on the American cooking scene as an exciting and enticing new form of grilling. Himalayan salt blocks are available at specialty retail stores around the world and the market is growing.
Information and Recipes Include:
- Essential Tools
- Care and Handling
- Heating Step by Step and Heating 101
- Cleaning and Storage
- Sandwich Steak with Peppers Onions and Aged Provolone
- Short Rib Tacos
- Roasted Chicken Stuffed with Hot Salt Rocks and Fresh Herbs
- Salt-Barbecued Scallops with Habanero Sprinkle
- Salt-Block Grilled Vegetables
- Hot Salted Edamame with Sesame, Shiso, and Sichuan Pepper
- Blistered Baby Peppers
- Pizza on a Salt Block
- Salty-Smoky Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Plus a lot more delicious recipes – like all cookbooks, there are a few you’ll never make (I’m looking at you baby octopuses and you know it) but all will intrigue you and inspire you. The process and food combinations are exceptional and it’s a must have book if this is your first time grilling with a salt block.
See Himalayan Salt Block (Amazon link) and Salt Block Grilling: 70 Recipes for Outdoor Cooking with Himalayan Salt Blocks by Mark Bitterman… (Amazon link) for a lot more information.
Burgers and Asparagus Grilled on a Himalayan Salt Block