Pig-Shaped Bacon Press
I know that most of you, like me, are “hog wild” about pigs in the kitchen. Sorry, I couldn’t resist the pun. I tried. Honest. I hadn’t done a piggy post in a while and thought it was high time I fixed that.
The cutie above is the Cast Iron Pig Bacon Grill Press (available on Amazon).
My own bacon press has an image of a pig on it (of course… pigs are all over my kitchen) – but it isn’t shaped like a pig. That makes this one really stand out, doesn’t it?! For a long time, I just used my bacon press as a decoration… sitting pretty on the stove. Then I actually put her to work one day flattening bacon and, what do you know it actually works.
It’s ideal if you’re making bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches – or if you just want your bacon to stop looking like it has a perm.
- Measures 8.5 inches/21.5cm by 5.25 inches/13.5cm
- Made of heavy cast iron with a wooden knob handle
- Whimsical pig-shaped press keeps bacon flat during frying
- Needs to be seasoned before use
- Hand wash, rinse thoroughly and dry with a paper towel – Never soak cast iron
I love that it’s cast iron, too. Can you say, “Lasts forever”?!
See Cast Iron Pig Bacon Grill Press for more information.
There’s also a round bacon press option (pictured below) – it’s too cute for its own good, too.
Cast Iron Round Bacon Grill Press
The one shown below is the one I have (and love):
Norpro Cast Iron Bacon Grill Press
I’m actually loving all of these so much, I think I need to start collecting bacon presses. More pigs..yay!
If you love pigs like I think you love pigs, you’ll also like:
- Adorable Pig Salt and Pepper Shakers Holder
- Whimsical Pig Planter
- White Pig Salt and Pepper Shaker Set
- Too Cute: Ceramic Pig Dish