Four-Layer Folded Ranch
I was recently sent a copy of a wonderful Quesadilla cookbook in exchange for telling you all about it and I KNOW you’ll love it as much as I do. Quesadillas by Donna Kelly (Amazon link) is a dream come true for me for more reasons than one.
- When you have to eat gluten-free, you turn to gluten-free tortillas, like the AMAZING ones from Mission (Amazon link) often. Roll-ups, wraps, quesadillas, burritos, etc. Things you can’t put in pliable bread, you can most absolutely put in pliable gluten-free tortillas!
- I am obsessed… obsessed I tell you… with everything even remotely connected to Mexican or even Tex-Mex.
- Quesadillas are a meal that comes together really fast. Meal prep can all be done ahead of time, leaving you with only one task – put it all together and make the magic happen.
- This is a cookbook with easy to find (I’ve found that I usually have the ingredients on hand) recipes – ones you’ll use again and again and again.
- It’s a physical cookbook. Let me tell you why I find this to be a HUGE plus… I detest searching through my phone, files, and drawers for a recipe! Detest it like a shy 12 year old kid hates giving an oral book report in front of a roomful of other kids with every single eye staring a hole right through me… I mean her. Physical books mean the recipe is always right where you left it. Each and every time.
Book Description from Amazon:
Simply put, the quesadilla is a delightful package of melted cheesy goodness―all sandwiched inside crispy tortillas. But now these little gooey snacks we all used to make as kids have evolved into savory meals and scrumptious desserts that are bursting with flavor. Featuring all new photography, Quesadillas contains some of these delicious favorites, including Roasted Veggie and Goat Cheese, Thai Peanut, Parmesan-Crusted Italian, Chicken Caesar, Philly Cheesesteak, Peanut Butter Apple, Triple Chocolate Decadence, and Pecan-Crusted Pear.
The first recipe I made was the one titled Four-Layer Folded Ranch. It involves bacon, cream cheese, Ranch dressing mix, chicken, tortillas, pepper jack cheese… see why I chose it first?? It’s pictured at the top and was even more delicious than it looks.
Remember how I spoke of meal prep above? I am a firm believer and ardent follower of the meal plan attack for suppers. I have the JOY (one of the greatest blessing of my life if we’re keeping score) of watching my grandbabies (from around 8:00am to 4:00-5:00 pm) while their parents are at work. I have two (ages 4 and 2, both boys) every weekday and some days also have their cousin (18 months, also a boy!). My days are FULL of fun, dinosaurs, Hot Wheels, laughs, and immeasurable love.
They’re also deliciously busy – and, if you’re familiar with little people, you know that between 3-5 is the crazy zone. I mean, they kick it up a notch or 50 around then, don’t they?! That’s why I love meal prep and that’s why I turn to things like quesadillas so often.
For the quesadillas pictured at the top, I cooked the chicken and the bacon earlier and placed them in meal prep containers. Then I sliced the cheese and combined the other ingredients I’d need. When 5:00 came, all I had to do was heat up the gridle and throw everything in place.
Whether it’s adorable miniature humans or a not so adorable 9-5 job, meal prep may be your new best friend.
Other Recipes Include:
- Crowd-Pleaser Sheet Pan (Giant Quesadilla!)
- Old World Mexico (potatoes and chorizo)
- S’Mores (a scrumptious looking dessert)
- Peaches and Cream
- Greek Isles (Feta, spinach, black olives…)
- Black and Blue (spicy beans and several cheeses)
- Four-Layer Folded Caprese (cream cheese, diced tomatoes, mozzarella, basil..)
There are International, Vegetarian, Meat-y, and dessert recipes as well as a section for salsas and sauces… they are amazing.
I can’t recommend this wonderful cookbook enough. I know you’ll love and use it as much as I do!
For more information, please see Quesadillas by Donna Kelly (Amazon link).