Like the vibrant pot holders, the silicone cooking gloves were sent to review on the food blog. I’ve used them countless times over the past few weeks and, each time, I ask them the same question, “Where have you been all my life?!?!”
These cooking gloves are so great looking, I was almost afraid to test them out. As someone who happens to cook A LOT and happens to be the most accident prone person to ever live, I have burned my poor hands and fingers more often than I care to admit.
Understand now why I always have a bottle of aloe vera gel chilled in the refrigerator?! It’s always on the door, ready to spring into action – which, if we’re being honest, is pretty darn often.
It may, however, now get a chance to kick back and socialize with the ketchup and mustard (he’s French… French’s to be exact).
Fortunately, they’re experts at their job!
I had never used silicone cooking gloves or oven mitts, so I simply didn’t know how they’d function. I mean, they seem so pretty and the brain just can’t comprehend something non-cloth-like standing between sensitive skin and scalding hot dishes.
And yet they do!
I’ve used them again and again and again and again and the aloe vera gel has stayed in her rightful place getting to know the mustard better.
What I love about these cooking gloves:
- Okay, let’s be honest – the first thing I love about them is that they keep this accident-prone gal from burning herself multiple times a week.
- I also LOVE that they have little holes that allow them to be hung in the kitchen – always ready for use. No hunting around in drawers or laundry piles for thick towels or oven mitts.
- They’re not only excellent for removing dishes and pans from the oven, they actually work ideally for opening tight jar lids! My hands aren’t terribly strong – make that, they aren’t in the least bit strong. Jar lids (pickles, coconut oil… especially coconut oil!… olives…) can drive me batty. I got a wild hair yesterday when a jar of olives was kicking my butt. I grabbed a silicone cooking glove and… BAM!… it gave me just the traction I needed to address my olive fixation.
- Ideal for working with boiled potatoes. Holding the potato in one hand and gently peeling it with the other… priceless.
- They’re also perfect for handling hard-boiled eggs. Those little buggers can be murder on fingers.
- I, admittedly, have not used them for outdoor grilling, yet, but I can see that they’ll be ideal for handling aluminum foil-wrapped vegetables, kabobs, meat, hot dogs, etc.
- They’re also great for handling meat as you take it from the crock pot. Perfect for holding onto a hot turkey or chicken while you carve it up.
- They couldn’t be easier to clean – they’re 100 percent waterproof and even dishwasher safe. They don’t soak up odors like oven mitts or towels. Just use, rinse, and reuse.
- Eco-friendly and non-toxic.
- They’re 100 percent customer satisfaction guaranteed. That only happens when people are fully ready to stand behind their product because they KNOW it’s excellent.
Like the beautiful silicone pot holders, these cooking gloves would make perfect gifts for any cook in your life. Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, Birthdays, Wedding gifts, or “just because” gifts – these would be greatly appreciated and used for years.
Either click through the images or Silicone Cooking Gloves for more information. The gloves and pot holders are available on Amazon, my personal favorite place to shop for anything and everything.
Even aloe vera gel.
Well, when I needed it, that is…..