I recently had the pleasure of reviewing a bag of Oh Nuts Candy Coated Almonds. Being a complete nut fanatic, I couldn’t wait for the bag to arrive in the mail. When it did, it took me all of 2 seconds to tear into it. I was probably on my third candy coated almond before the mail carrier was off of our street.
I have no shame when it comes to nuts, coffee, chocolate, or catfish. No shame whatsoever.
My mind has been buzzing over the many uses for these wonderful and beautiful candy coated almonds. I’m afraid that the pictures here just don’t do them enough justice. They’re so bright, shiny, and colorful!
Below are just some of the ways I’ve come up with for enjoying these little lovelies.
- Celebrate March Madness with your favorite team’s colors. I bleed UK Wildcat’s blue and white, so I use the blue and white ones for gameday snacking. Leave the delicious candy coated almonds in candy dishes, throw them in a bowl with fresh popcorn, or use them to spell out your team’s initials on top of a cake.
- Use colorful candy coated almonds in Easter baskets and/or as Easter decorations.
- During baseball season, choose the colors of your favorite team. I’d have St. Louis Cardinals’ colors in baskets, candy dishes, bowls, etc.
- These beautiful candy coated almonds would make excellent wedding favors. There are countless wedding favor bags and boxes available. Simply order candy covered almonds in the chosen wedding colors and fill the bags/boxes.
- These are perfect for snacks at the office. Keep the bag in your desk drawer and you’ll have healthy snacks readily available throughout the day.
- Fourth of July? Red, white, and blue candy coated almonds would be gorgeous on cupcakes, cakes, and cookies.
- You could use these almonds as favors at a baby shower, much as you would a wedding. There are colors available that make me instantly think of baby showers: pink, blue, yellow, white…
- Speaking of pink, activities and fund raisers for breast cancer awareness would be a perfect fit for the beautiful pink candy coated almonds.
- A bag or two of candy coated almonds would be delicious additions to gift baskets, whether it’s for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, birthdays, or Christmas.
- Send a few bags to your favorite college student. We all love to send treats to those we love and, quite frankly, Oh Nuts products are PERFECT for this. Nuts travel well and won’t spoil or get “messy” like a lot of other treats. As a bonus, they’re as healthy as they are delicious!
- Use beautiful red and white candy coated almonds in heart-shaped candy dishes as part of your Valentine’s Day decor. Give some as gifts to your favorite valentine as well.
- Choose red, green, white, gold metallic or silver metallic for Christmas decorating. They’d be beautiful additions to fruit baskets.
- Orange and Black Candy Coated Almonds are perfect for Halloween!
- St. Patrick’s day cupcakes call for green candy coated almonds.
- NFL fans can choose their team’s colors for tailgating snacks.
- The metallic colored almonds (see #12) are also ideal for New Year’s Eve AND silver or gold wedding anniversaries.
Health Benefits of Almonds:
- Since almonds are a plant based food, they contain no cholesterol.
- Almonds are loaded with protein, fiber, calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin E and other antioxidants and phytochemicals.
- Studies show that just 3 ounces of almonds a day can actually lower a person’s cholesterol by 14 percent. 14 percent!
- When we munch on healthy snacks, like nuts, we stay away from unhealthy and harmful snacks like chips. That, alone, makes them worth their weight in gold.