I know one thing for certain – with the deadly ice storm that recently hit Kentucky AND the wind storms we’ve been having lately, we’ll need a new grill this Spring. Like most people, we grill (or as people in other parts of the country say, barbecue) year round. According to The Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association, 58 percent of grill owners use their grills year round. Recently, grillers nationwide submitted their original grilling recipes to the Crisco® Cooking Sprays Grilling Hall of Fame Contest.
Now they need your help!
Fifteen grill masters around the US just advanced to become the top finalists in the Contest. Barbecue lovers everywhere (13 years or older) can help determine which five grand prize winners will be awarded a $5,000 backyard makeover and the distinction of a place in the Crisco Grilling Hall of Fame.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Visit www.GrillingHallofFame.com before April 6, 2009.
- Review top 15 finalists’ recipes and photos.
- Vote for the best recipe
- Limit one vote per person/e-mail address each day.
All of the Online Finalists and recipes include:
- Mary, Kerrville, TX – Grilled Chicken and Roasted Pepper Panini
- Mary, Ada, OK – Smoky Mojo-Mango Pork Loin
- Laureen, Riverside, CA – Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Jacama, Blue Cheese and Chipotle Lime Dressing
- Lisa, Clive, IA – Lemon-Rosemary Shrimp Crostini
- Derek, Charlotte, NC – Garlicky Grilled Pizzas with Grilled Shrimp, Feta, and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Susan, Wilton, CT – Avocado Shrimp Boats
- Joseph, Providence, RI – Grilled Greek Feast
- Brooke, Colorado Springs, CO – Lani-Ono Island Chicken
- Valerie, Chatham, NJ – Pineapple Ribs
- Deborah, Lilburn, GA – Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa and Grilled Vegetables
- Jasmin, Livonia, NY – Sweet And Spicy Asian Surf And Turf Skewers
- Margaret, St. Petersburg, FL – Succulent Shrimp and Spinach Grilled Pizza
- Nikki, Beverly Beach, FL – Cardamom–Scented Tropical Fruit & Marshmallow Skewers with Apricot Sauce
- Edwina, Great Falls, MT – Grilled Mango-Citrus Chimichurri Shrimp
- Susan, Wilton, CT – Spice-Rubbed Mahi-Mahi Walks the Plank
For cooking out loud, you have to check out the recipe on the site for Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon! I’m certain my George Foreman grill’s up for the challenge.