Can you guess that I have waffles on the mind?! As I’ve said before, I serve a lot of breakfasts for dinner in our home. With 5 of us, it’s hard to catch everyone awake or still in the morning, but we all love breakfast food. So night time is generally the right time!
Last night, in fact, I made pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs. Right before removing the eggs from the heat, I stirred in a couple handfuls of a shredded “Mexican blend” of cheeses. Delicious! The pancakes were originally intended to be blueberry pancakes, but when I saw the price of the TINY container of blueberries, I told my youngest daughter the blueberries just flew out the window.
I can’t wait to try the recipe I just posted (The French Toast Waffles). I actually just checked to see if I had all of the ingredients, I was going to make some to surprise my oldest daughter when she wakes up – the girl is ALL ABOUT French Toast. But, alas, guess who used all the eggs last night….
Speaking of waffles, you have to check out the Chef’sChoice Belgian WafflePro(TM) Waffle Maker – it creates waffles the way they were intended to be!
From Metro Kitchen.com:
- Extremely fast!
- Bakes 4 deep pocket, restaurant thick Belgian Lace Waffles in 90-120 seconds.
- QuadPlus(TM) waffle baking system lets you independently adjust baking time and baking temperature.
- “Sleep mode” when wafflemaker is not in use.
- Ultimate in Taste/Texture/SelectFast bake – for crisp outside, moist interior.
- Slow bake for crunchy, uniform texture.
- Waffle Ready beeper.
- Fast heat up, quick recovery.
- Non-stick griddle surface.
- Easy clean, overflow channel.
- Consistent, even heat distribution.
To the store for eggs!