Spring is one of my favorite times of the year – everything just comes to life and there seems to be absolute, unspoiled beauty everywhere you look. What a PERFECT time of the year to celebrate Earth Day (today!) and Mother’s Day.
Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate – the chocolate that makes no compromises – is offering some great ideas to observe both holidays.
Green & Black’s chocolates allow you to make eco-friendly choices while not compromising on life’s everyday indulgences. This is seriously, seriously delicious chocolate.
This year, in honor of Earth Day, Green & Black’s is offering a downloadable widget with daily tips on how to live green and black –respecting the earth while indulging in the best things it has to offer.
Some tips include:
- While cooking for friends at your next dinner party, shop at your closest farmers’ market. Buying from local farms puts money back into your community, plus the produce will be fresher than items transported across the country.
- On your next vacation, book a hotel that’s LEED-certified. The certification stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and is a national standard for builders looking to make a smaller impact on the environment.
- Go to DineGreen.com to determine how eco-conscious your favorite restaurant is. The Green Restaurant Association offers various certification levels, based on criteria like whether a restaurant buys locally or composts its waste.
Be inspired by these eco-friendly ideas when celebrating Mother’s Day on May 10.
Treat Mom to an indulgent gift that also treats the environment.
- If Mom can’t live without her morning cup of coffee or tea (guilty!), buy her a travel mug from her favorite coffee shop. She can travel to work in style while reducing the number of paper cups she uses.
- Get Mom a chic metallic or cloth-covered case in which to carry her lunch; pack it with healthy snacks, like homemade granola, or a square or two of Green & Black’s organic chocolate.
- Set-up a window box herb garden for Mom in the kitchen. Sprigs of fresh rosemary, parsley, and mint help make dishes more vibrant.
And you can never go wrong with treating Mom to a gift of delicious chocolate. Give Mom a variety of her favorite chocolate flavors – wrap up three to four bars of Green & Black’s organic chocolate in a bow for an affordable and delectable gift Mom can indulge in.
Green & Black’s offers 12 chocolate flavors ranging from light to dark chocolate. Traditional varieties include White, Milk, and Dark, while the more unique flavors are Maya Gold, Ginger, Espresso and new Toffee.
If you would like more information about Green & Black’s or to download the widget please visit www.GreenandBlacks.com.