Sunflowers and Bee
Whenever I tell people I grow flowers primarily for the visitors they attract, “… hummingbirds, songbirds, butterflies, bees..,” they inevitably say, “Bees?! You WANT to attract bees?”
Absolutely! I love them with a passion. Not only do they serve a great purpose in life as we know it, they’re responsible for one of my favorite culinary loves in the world – honey!
I have been a honey fanatic since a very early age. Most kids would put syrup or jelly on their peanut butter sandwiches, but my favorite thing was honey. Honey and Peter Pan made a most excellent couple.
As an adult, I’ve found that cooking with honey makes just about everything tastes better. But here’s the thing… there’s almost always a thing, isn’t there??… not all honey is created equal. Some honey is so fantastic and out of this world that it makes other honey seem like sticky, slightly sweet thick water.
I have always, always known that, most of the time, you get what you pay for. The delightfully cheap honey in bear shaped plastic bottles will serve its purpose UNTIL you taste what honey is actually supposed to taste like. There’s truly no comparison and I was recently reminded of this.
Bee K’onscious Honey
I am often sent food, drinks, tea, coffee, and similar products to review on my food blog as well as my tea review blog, Crazy Tea Chick. Very often, the products I’m sent are so good, I regularly buy them as a result. I was recently sent a jar of Bee K’onscious Montana Raw Honey and will darn sure make certain I never run out of it!
Now, keep in mind, I am a lifelong devoted and fiercely dedicated honey lover. I’ve bought them all it seems – so when I tell you that this is the best honey I’ve ever had, you can rest assured it is extraordinary honey.
Here’s what Bee K’onscious Honey’s website says about the Montana Raw Clover Honey:
Montana Clover. Many consider clover honey to be the standard by which all other honeys are measured. The mild, sweet flavor like a sugary treat with hints of cinnamon and vanilla makes this a top favorite for honey lovers and not. The color ranges from white to light amber. The texture is thick and creamy with a very pleasant aroma. For any delicious treat add this to some yogurt or fresh bread with ricotta cheese. How about pancakes topped with berries and then lathered on top with a spoon full of honey? There are many folks that simply spread this on toast and say it tastes like a cinnamon roll.
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bee K’onscious Montana Raw Honey
I’ve used the Montana Raw Clover Honey the following ways and have been completely blown away each time…
- Drizzled on freshly fried chicken tenders. Tossing a little red pepper flakes onto the honey makes a delicacy.
- In smoothies to add a little guilt-free sweetness.
- On gluten-free toast – either with cream cheese, ghee, or butter, it is a knock-out.
- In tea… this honey is now an addiction for excellent evening tea!
- On sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes (all potatoes, if we’re being honest) are a great passion of mine. I’ve always baked them, then added butter and a combination of brown sugar and cinnamon. The most recent time I made them, I also added B’konscious Honey – phenomenal! By adding the honey, I was able to add less brown sugar than I normally do. The honey provides the sweetness naturally.
- One of my favorite ways: Each night, after supper, my husband and I have a small “dessert” that I schemed up a while back. It’s a good way to get good fat (healthy) and daily dark chocolate (healthy, healthy) – We take a small square of dark chocolate and spread some ghee on top, then top that with a little pink Himalayan salt. Lately, we’ve been adding a touch of Montana Raw Clover Honey and I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to go back to the other way! It adds so much extraordinary flavor that I look forward to the after-dinner treat pretty much all day.
Health Benefits of Honey
Honey has an impressive list of health benefits, but my favorite has to do with allergies. I suppose this is simply because I have the worst seasonal allergies in the world! I have noticed that, while I’ve been fiercely enjoying B’konscious honey, I have had to use my Benadryl (or as I call it, Liquid Zombie because it makes me feel like the walking dead!) far less often. Given that I use honey so often, something tells me that the benefits of honey are superior when the honey, itself, is superior.
Honey is also beneficial for great sleep as it promotes the release of serotonin. The body converts serotonin to melatonin, which regulates quality and duration of sleep. Maybe that’s why I’ve been sleeping so soundly lately. I’ve been entering a deeper sleep because my dreams have been pretty darn entertaining. Seriously, nothing out of Hollywood could even hope to compare.
Other Health Benefits of Honey From B’konscious Honey’s Website:
- Anti Microbial: Honey is a natural antibiotic. Honey has been used for centuries to remove bacteria from cuts and burns.
- Superfood: Honey contains many life sustaining substances – enzymes, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and water.
- Boosts energy: With 17 grams of carbohydrates per serving, its unprocessed sugars enter the bloodstream quickly giving extra energy.
You can buy this exceptional honey directly from the B’konscious Honey website. You’ll find all of their gorgeous products, recipes, health benefits, and more.