I have a foodie confession to make. I am a snacker. What’s more, I am a snacker who is uncommonly passionate about her snacking. When I stop and think about it (which I’m doing now, for better or worse), I do very few things without a snack within reach.
- Watching a baseball, football, or basketball game on tv
- Watching an old movie on TCM
- Posting on one of my blogs
- Cooking supper
- Working a puzzle
Yep… everything has to have a snack close by.
I have popcorn in front of me at the moment – made with my new obsession: Colonel Popper’s Popcorn Maker.
We’ve already established that I’m a snacker of the highest order, so it’s obviously very important to me that my snacks be as healthy and low-calorie as possible. Otherwise I’d be in a world of trouble.
Fortunately my favorite “go to” snack is popcorn and now, with this ingenious little popcorn maker, it’s healthier than ever.
Colonel Popper’s Silicone Popcorn Maker is super durable, safe, and eco-friendly. You can eat fresh microwave popcorn right out of the colorful popcorn bowl. I can say from experience – you’ll never want to pop popcorn without a Colonel Popper again.
Five things you’re going to love about Colonel Popper:
- Such an inexpensive snack! Use any popcorn kernels – which are about as cheap as it gets.
- BPA Free Silicone Microwave Popcorn Popper makes up to 14 cups of popcorn, plenty for your kids and family.
- MUCH healthier than microwavable popcorn you buy in stores. Who wants those harmful chemicals around their family? I certainly don’t.
- Easy and convenient. You simply pour the desired amount of kernels into the bowl, add butter/oil or (my personal favorite) ghee, and “pop” it into the microwave. After you remove the perfectly popped popcorn, add a little salt or other additions that float your boat (M&Ms, Parmesan, etc.)
- Easy to store. The bowl collapses, when not in use, to a height of 2 inches – freeing up counter space and minimizing cabinet space. Perfect for college dorm rooms or even an RV Camper with portable microwave.
- Dishwasher Safe – these words are always like choir music to my ears. You can either hand-wash your Colonel Popper or use your dishwasher.
- Available in eight gorgeous colors. You can match your personality, style, or favorite team colors. Truth be told, the Colonel Popper is so inexpensive, you can grab several different colors. Some of the colors are transparent and others are solid. Be sure to take a close look at each – and good luck choosing. They’re all beautiful!
- Makes a great gift idea – fun, original, and highly useful.
The Colonel Popper’s Silicone Popcorn Maker comes with a handy guide that tells you everything you need to know to pop perfect popcorn time after time. You’ll want to hang onto this guide by either storing it right with the popper or keeping it in a drawer.
When you add the kernels to the popper, be sure it’s in the “up” position, as opposed to the collapsed position. It’s at this point you can add either oil, butter, or (my personal favorite, by far) ghee – my favorite ghee is the best ghee available, Ancient Organics Ghee. I fell in love with ghee on popcorn about a year ago and haven’t seen fit to eat it any other way since!
Topped off with a little salt (I love Rachael Ray’s Pink Himalayan Salt) and you have a fun, delicious, and guilt-free snack for any occasion.
Click through any of the links to learn more about this ingenious little popcorn maker and… trust me… even if you do buy several for fun gift-giving, you will want a Colonel Popper’s Silicone Popcorn Maker for yourself.