I have been trying to simplify things for myself in the kitchen… meal prepping when possible, cooking some components ahead of time, organizing where everything is (and fighting to stay organized!), and just simply trying to ensure cooking stays as enjoyable as it is, without becoming a burden or pain in the backside.
One area that I’ve recognized needs improvement is my kitchen’s relationship with measuring spoons and dry ingredient measuring cups. Seems my kitchen had rather hide these tools and make me search for them than to have them ready when I need them… where I need them to be! I have one set of measuring spoons and invariably they are either taking a much-needed vacation from the drawer they live in or they’re in the dishwasher each and every time I need them.
I turned to Amazon to buy not one but TWO other sets this morning (when I say I’m tired of their shenanigans, I mean business!) and I saw the gorgeous, colorful, and ingenious measuring cups and magnetic measuring spoons set (Amazon link) pictured on the right.
Every single thing about these spoons and measuring cups is brilliant. I’m not going to lie… I especially like their bold colors. You know, the ones that make your kitchen brighter and happier, while standing out on a shelf or in a drawer, ready to be noticed AND used?!
When it comes to meal prep and simplifying things in the kitchen, you’re only going to be as brilliant as your tools are. These measuring cups and spoons can go a long way in helping us all spend more time cooking and less time looking for the right tool.
Let’s take a look at what makes these so ingenious…
- There are 5 different sizes measuring cups (1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/8 cup) – an 1/8 cup can sometimes be hard to come by.
- 6 stainless steel measuring spoons (1 tablespoon, 1 /2 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon,1/8 teaspoon)
- Each cup’s “ml” and cup sizes have passed clearly engraved marking, and you can quickly identify the cup scale according to the color of the handle.
- The handles are reinforced and welded to make each one stronger and far less likely to break. The handles are made of food-grade silicone material and boast a non-slip material.
- Measuring spoons and cups are crafted from food-grade 18/8 stainless steel. They could be used for any food, are rust-resistant, dishwasher-washable.
- The spoons feature a round-shape on one end, meaning they’re ideal for liquids. The other end is oval, ideal for measuring dry ingredients and for digging in spice tins.
See measuring cups and magnetic measuring spoons set (Amazon link) for a much closer look. These are really, really impressive.