Did you know that 52% of Americans believe there’s no such thing as “too much garlic.” When I read that, I had to laugh because, over the years, I’ve complained to my husband that I thought I’d put too much garlic in something only to have him say, “NO such thing as too much garlic!” It’s a firm belief that he passed on to two of our three daughters. The oldest and I tend to think there can be too much garlic.. but we don’t argue with the other three – we’re outnumbered after all!
National Today – America’s favorite destination to commemorate fun and quirky holidays, including National Food Days (something I’m obsessed with) — asked 1,000 Americans about their garlic preferences. The survey was conducted on April 10, 2017 and the (delicious-sounding) results are below.
NationalToday.com’s Garlic Survey
- 52% of Americans believe there’s no such thing as too much garlic.
- Another 14% report putting garlic in everything they cook
- 6% even enjoy the taste of raw garlic
- 9 in 10 Americans would kiss someone with garlic breath!
- Only 5% of Americans have avoided smooching someone because of their garlicky breath.
- 88% say garlic breath doesn’t bother them and are totally fine with kissing a garlic eater.
America’s Top 10 Favorite Garlicky Foods:
- Garlic bread (31%)
- Garlic chicken (16%)
- Garlicky pasta (13%)
- Garlic shrimp (13%)
- Garlic butter (13%)
- Garlic fries (6%)
- Garlic hummus (3%)
- Roasted garlic cloves (3%)
- Raw garlic (2%)
- Pickled garlic (1%)
Special Offer For Garlic Lovers
In celebration of National Garlic Day, National Today is partnering with delivery app Postmates to offer garlic lovers a deal and contest they can’t refuse. On April 19, new Postmates users get $10 off an order of food items containing garlic (e.g. garlic fries, garlic bread, etc.) with the coupon code GARLICLOVE.
Special code link: https://pm.app.link/8u1T9SEPjC
National Garlic Day Contest!
Tweet #garliclove and tag @natltoday and @postmates for your chance to win $1,000 in free Postmates delivery credits.
To learn more about National Garlic Day and the Postmates offer and contest, click here!