1 pound breakfast or bulk sausage
1 cup chopped sweet onion
1 cup seeded and chopped green bell pepper
8 large eggs
1/4 cold water
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1 to 1½ cups chunky salsa, optional
1. In a large heavy nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, breaking sausage into small pieces. Cook until no
longer pink. Drain well on clean paper towels. Keep sausage warm.
2. Drain all but 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of pan drippings. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook until vegetables are
soft. Wipe skillet clean. Keep vegetables warm.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, water and pepper. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, add egg
mixture stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are scrambled and set. Keep warm.
4. Layer 1/3 cup sausage down center of each warm tortilla, leaving 1-inch border at ends. Top each with equal amounts
of vegetables, scrambled eggs and cheese.
5. Fold bottom edge up over filling and fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Roll up tightly.
6. Serve with Salsa, if desired.
For more information and to download free brochures and more recipes, visit www.hot-dog.org!
Yield: 8 Servings