July is National Grilling Month (hence the back to back grilling recipes on the blog!). Grilled food isn’t just delicious, it’s also the ideal way to keep from heating up your kitchen. With temperatures soaring into the high 90’s here in Kentucky, I’m mighty indebted to the grill.
According to a survey by Medifast, I’m far from the only one. Seems grilling is as popular as ever. People love to gather for cookouts and barbecues but the survey shows that we no longer include activities in these gatherings.
Remember when families got together and played badminton, horseshoes, volleyball, and croquet? Seems these days we just want to eat!
That reminds me, we need a new croquet set….
7 oz flank steak
1/4 tsp whole peppercorns
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- Mix the peppercorn, salt, mustard, garlic powder, and thyme.
- Rub evenly over steak.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan over medium heat.
- Grill steak five to seven minutes on each side, until steak is desired doneness.
- Grill mushrooms and green peppers until tender; serve alongside steak.