I’ve said it a gazillion and seven times, but I’ll say it again: I’ve never tried a Giada de Laurentiis recipe that didn’t blow me completely away. If you try a lot of different recipes, you know that it’s pretty rare for anyone to churn out perfection each and every time – especially when, like Giada de Laurentiis, you churn out so many recipes! She simply creates some of the best recipes I’ve ever tried.
The following recipe is no exception. This is for Almond Pancakes and the recipe is both beautiful and delicious.
Giada de Laurentiis’ Almond Pancakes
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix (recommend: Kruteaz)
- 4 ounces almost paste, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- In a food processor, combine the mascarpone cheese, water, sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract. Process until mixture is smooth.
- Add pancake mix and pulse until just combined.
- Preheat griddle or large, non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Grease griddle or skillet with 1 tablespoon butter.Add almond paste and pulse once to incorporate.
- Working in batches, pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook for about 1-1/2 minutes each side, or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
- Arrange pancakes on a platter. Serve with maple syrup and fresh raspberries.
Recipe and photo credit: Target’s A Bullseye View. Click the link for a lot more recipes, including some more outstanding Giada recipes.