Parma! Vegan Alternative to Parmesan Cheese
Okay, first of all, I have to say this: Even if you aren’t a vegan and aren’t actively looking to add more plant-based foods to your daily life… you will want to continue reading and you will most certainly want to try the Parma! products.
Trust me. I am not TOTALLY in either of these camps either – although I do enjoy a lot of vegan and plant-based meals and recipes, I do not exclusively eat this way. The more I read about healthy ingredients, however, the more closely I look at the ingredients in everything I buy. When it comes to ingredients, I want there to be as few as humanly possible, I want to be able to pronounce each ingredient, and I want to be able to recognize each one as an actual food.
- The ingredients for Parma! Garlicky Green Vegan Parmesan: Nutritional yeast, sunflower seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, garlic, Himalayan salt, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, kelp, basil, oregano
- The ingredients for Parma! Chipotle Cayenne Vegan Parmesan: Nutritional yeast, sunflower seeds, walnuts, Chipotle (roasted jalapeno pepper), Himalayan salt, hemp seeds, onion, cayenne
If you’re one of the ones who is looking for a vegan and plant-based answer to Parmesan cheese… this is your lucky day. These products are absolutely delicious.
Since I had to give up gluten and wheat (celiac), I have been very mindful of my eating. Years of eating food I didn’t fully realize were doing harm damaged my digestive tract and (even after 10 years), it’s only recently showing huge improvement. Eating more healthy foods (and keeping a keen eye on ingredients!) has helped.
The simple truth is, the healthier you eat, the healthier you feel and the healthier you are. If you’re interested in health and how what you eat influences it (which I assume you are since you are still reading!), you know as well as I do that oftentimes vegan alternatives and plant-based foods and ingredients can be disappointing. I have bought so many products that sounded like Heaven and tasted like… well you know.
I believe more of us would eat a lot healthier if the healthier was tastier. All indications point to the fact that the people behind Parma! fully, fully get that.
I was a bit nervous about trying these products. They were sent to me in exchange for telling you all about them – completely honest and upfront about whether I liked, disliked, hated or loved them. Before I first tried them, I was actually thinking about how I would be able to write a review about something while saying, “Didn’t care for it, myself, but…”
I guess I just didn’t think it’d be possible to create a delicious alternative to Parmesan Cheese. Here’s the thing: I’m a cheese fanatic! I use Parmesan cheese in and on everything.
Now can you see why I was nervous??
Parma! Vegan Parmesan
Imagine the look on my face when I opened the two bottles, tasted each and literally said, “Wow… Delicious!” after each one. Same script, same words, same shocked and delighted expression.
These are both nutty, delicious, and incredibly flavorful. The Parma! Chipotle Cayenne Vegan Parmesan has a little heat but not (at all) too much. It’s outstanding.
The Parma! Garlicky Green Vegan Parmesan is equally delicious with a subtle and wonderful taste of garlic. I made a potato casserole (pictured below) a few nights ago and, whereas I normally use cheddar cheese, I wanted to try smoked Gouda instead. I added a little minced garlic and some of the Parma! Garlicky Green Vegan Parmesan – it was delicious!
I have also used EACH of these products on baked potatoes. My favorite way to enjoy them on a fresh baked potato (white or sweet) is to sprinkle it directly onto the potato, followed by butter and whatever else I’m in the mood for.
Recently, I made baked potatoes and topped them with some of the Parma! Chipotle Cayenne Vegan Parmesan before adding butter, sour cream, chopped scallions, and thinly sliced Romaine lettuce (you’d be amazed how much Romaine adds to a baked potato). The Parma Parmesan gave the potato so much flavor! I’ve since also used the other variety of Parma! on baked potatoes. Phenomenal!
Things I love about Parma! Vegan Parmesan:
- The products are gluten-free and are made in a dedicated facility.
- They’re dairy free – whether you eat keto fulltime or part-time (like me), the more food you can enjoy that’s keto, the better. Any swap (from dairy to non-dairy) you make counts toward better health.
- The products are Kosher.
- They’re delicious!
In addition to the uses pictured and named above, I have also loved using these products on popcorn (DELICIOUS!), gluten-free toast, in and on Chaffles, sprinkled on asparagus, on gluten-free pasta, and sprinkled on gluten-free bread… parmesan bread never tasted so good!
These are truly delicious and I hope you’ll try them as soon as possible.
Where can you buy Parma! Vegan Parmesan?
- There are stores across the country that carry the wonderful products (none anywhere near me, however!). When you visit their website, you can find use the map to locate the deliciousness near you.
- Shop for the products directly from their website!
- Parma! is available on Amazon – so if you’re already throwing things hot and heavy into your cart (surely I’m not the only one), throw in a couple of bottles of Parma! and get ready to be amazed. Nutty, wholesome, flavorful, and CRAZY delicious.
To read more about Parma and the CEO (Shannon Schnibbe) behind the deliciousness, click here.