Health Benefits of Potatoes
- No fat, sodium or cholesterol.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C -one potato gives you nearly half of your daily requirement of this all-important vitamin.
- One potato has more potassium than a banana.
- Potatoes are good sources of vitamin B6.
- Potatoes also provide you with fiber, magnesium and healthy antioxidants.
- I’ve often read potatoes mentioned in beauty magazines as being a great vegetable to add to your regular rotation. Apparently they’re great for both skin and hair when it comes to anti-aging. For one thing, collagen requires Vitamin C to protect our skin from the aging effects of the sun. It also promotes collagen’s ability to smooth wrinkles and improve overall skin texture. Boom!
Read more health benefits of potatoes.
I was sent a copy of 300 Best Potato Recipes in exchange for telling you about the book and, given my history with potatoes, I’m only too happy to do so. This beautiful cookbook is packed with recipes you’ll use again and again. The author takes potatoes in a fun and sometimes even funky new direction and her creativity is nothing short of a joy ride.
The humble potato is a culinary powerhouse and inspires adventurous and tantalizing fare.
These are just some of the delicious possibilities that the humble potato offers in this wide and varied assortment of recipes:
- Classic mash de luxe
- Garlic roasties with rosemary
- Real English chips
- Gnocchi-roni and cheese
- Saffron potato cakes
- All-American potato pancakes
- Sweet potato-crusted shrimp
- East Coast chowder
- Creole potato salad
- French potato galette
- Fennel, potato and white bean stew
- Potato lasagna
- Oyster pie with top mash
- Sweet potato gnocchi
- Mennonite country potato doughnuts
- Potato fudge.
Appetizers and snacks, soups and salads, side dishes, main courses, hearty vegetarian main dishes, baked goods and desserts make up this vast and colorful collection of recipes. The author also includes a complete history and origins of potatoes as well as a comprehensive chapter that covers hundreds of potato varieties.
This is a wonderful cookbook and a must have for fellow potato lovers everywhere. See 300 Best Potato Recipes (Amazon link) for ordering information.