Two of my greatest passions are tea and coffee. I have a tea blog and often approach this food blog as a coffee blog… hey a caffeinated girl’s gotta do what a caffeinated girl has got to do, right?
Truth be told, I love coffee and tea equally – like their my children. Whichever one I’m with is my favorite at that moment. Often, when it comes to making a fresh cup or glass of either, time comes into play and I choose tea. It’s just so easy – and, no I’m not a huge fan of most instant coffee.
When I was contacted by Steeped Coffee about telling my readers about their product, I read these words, “STEEPED COFFEE is the easiest way to make a great cup of coffee anytime, anywhere, in minutes. Take your moment—at home, work, or on the go. Steeped single-serve coffee bags are filled with 100% specialty coffee and are crafted for quality, freshness, and convenience. Every bag is nitro-sealed inside compostable packaging, making every cup guilt-free and eco-friendly,” I (literally) said out loud, “Ingenious!”
My cats thought I was talking to them, so they ignored me.
Seriously, though. How has this not been thought of before – it is absolute genius. You simply make a hot cup of coffee exactly as you would a hot cup of tea (in fact, you don’t even have to steep it as long… unless, that is, you want your coffee to be so stout it flirts with you).
Many may argue, “Silly food blogger, Pods have been around for years!” but here’s why Steeped Coffee has totally changed the game:
There’s a bit of a controversy surrounding pods when it comes to the environment. You can click the link and read about it when you’re through here. I won’t dive into that right now, the link leads to an article that does it greater justice than I could. What I want to point out is the obvious – one is FAR more apt to have access to boiled water than they are a K-Cup machine. Whether it’s at the office or job place (microwave water if a stove isn’t available), your kitchen, or even a campsite – Steeped Coffee is simply more convenient than pods.
Simpler to carry, too.
Naturally, none of this means Jack if the coffee isn’t good. I’m delighted to tell you that it’s very good, indeed! Due to the fact that it’s summertime, I’ve enjoyed my Steeped Coffee iced more than hot, but it is wonderful both ways. If you make it iced, a little vanilla syrup and/or sweetener makes it taste like it’s from your favorite coffeehouse.
As you can see in the pictures within this review, I sometimes like my iced coffee with milk and other times without it. You can’t go wrong either way.
I wanted to be able to choose a personal favorite for the review, but I honestly can’t. They are all fantastic, even the decaf!
Learn more about Steeped Coffee on their website. You’ll find the subscription information, buying options, a blog, and even a GREAT looking diner mug!
Features of Steeped Coffee include:
- 100% Specialty Coffee: quality coffee ethically sourced directly from farmers
- Nitro Sealed: removes oxygen, stopping the clock on freshly ground beans
- Ultrasonic Edges: no glue, staples, or wasted materials for max steeping
- Full Immersion Filter: non-GMO filters that regulate ideal water-in and maximum flavor-out
- Guilt-Free Packaging: made using plant-based renewable and compostable materials
- Micro Batching: roasted locally in small batches
- Precision Ground: consistent water-cooled grinding to the micron
- Pre-Portioned: consistent SCA recommended water-to-coffee ratios
- Just Add Water: single-serve convenience with no machines required
- Barista Approved: tested by multiple independent specialty coffee Q-graders for freshness, quality, and taste