Roasted Frozen Corn
Okay, y’all, this one’s so easy I’m almost embarrassed to post it as a “recipe.” Since I don’t like keeping good things all to myself, I’m going to forge ahead.
- Start with a bag of frozen corn kernels (no need to thaw).
- Pre-heat the oven to the broil setting.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a little olive oil.
- Spread the frozen kernels across the pan and drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- The time you leave them in the broiler is a personal thing. I like for them to have a little more bite to them than the next person might, so I generally take them out after 7-8 minutes. Others may leave them in there for up to 15 minutes. It’s a personal preference thing.
This is one of the easiest, cheapest, and downright tastiest side dishes you can make. The last time I made roasted frozen corn, I went a little longer than the one shown above and I used it in tacos.