I was sent this gorgeous AnySharp Pro Knife Sharpener a few weeks ago to review on the Food blog and I’ve been waiting for this day to do so. When they asked which color I’d like, I must have stared at the screen for 15 minutes trying to decide. My cat thought I was in a trance.
There are so many gorgeous colors to choose from (see the AnySharp Pro photo above for proof!). Understand the trance a little better now? In the end, I actually gave them a couple of colors I’d narrowed it down to and put the decision-making in their hands.
That right there tells you all you’ll ever need to know about me and the way my brain works. And, yes, you should feel for my family.
When I opened the package, I was thrilled that they’d chosen orange. It’s extra, extra beautiful! I collect Rachael Ray and Pioneer Woman dishes, gadgets, and… well, everything… and orange goes beautifully with the bright, beautiful things in their collections.
Why the AnySharp Pro Knife Sharpener is the Ideal Gift Idea for Cooks
- It does an outstanding job. I have to say, given its great looks and miniature size, I wasn’t sure it was “up for the task.” I was crazy wrong. It sharpened even my dullest knives and made them seem as good as new.
- Minimal effort involved in using. Anyone, of any age, will be able to use this knife sharpener. It doesn’t take strength (for which I’m very grateful) or dexterity – you simply have to be able to guide the knife, the AnySharp takes it from there.
- It’s small and compact. Is it a nightmare to find room for kitchen gadgets, tools, and small appliances or what?! Just this morning, I rearranged three shelves to make room for a new juicer. In the process, I decided that I have to have more shelves. My husband’s going to love that revelation. When something comes along like this that can easily sit out on the counter or a shelf without taking up a great deal of space, I get a little excited. Sure, it could easily go in a drawer but it’s simply too good looking to hide away.
- It’ll make cooks better cooks. I often say that, when it comes to cooking, you’ll only be as successful as you set yourself up to be. If you surround yourself with the best tools and gadgets (and, of course, ingredients), you put yourself way ahead of the game. Dull knives don’t just slow your roll, they make your vegetables and everything else you’re cutting look dull and amateurish. A beautifully sharp knife makes everything quicker, easier, and better looking.
- I love that so many different colors are available – Pink Cream, Pistachio, Almond Cream, Royal Red, British Racing Green, Royal Blue, Orange Zest, Citrus Lime, Silver… Choosing a color you know someone loves makes the gift even more personal.
- Did I mention the AnySharp Pro Knife Sharpener is a beauty? I did? Well, I’ll mention it again. I’ve been a food blogger for a lot of years and a cook for at least twice that many (suddenly I feel 110). Knife sharpeners just aren’t supposed to be this pretty. Normally they’re pretty plain and even a little on the unattractive side. The ones I’ve seen and used in the past were the type of gadget you insist on hiding away in a drawer. THEN, you end up forgetting it even exists and you go right on battling with your dull knives.
Why You’ll Want an AnySharp Pro Knife Sharpener for Yourself
When you’ve chosen colors for the cooks or foodies in your life, you’ll also want to pick one for yourself. Why? In addition to the aforementioned…
- It’s a lot cheaper than replacing knives! My husband recently bought me a set of knives and when I happened to see the price, my eyes spun in their sockets. Good knives are worth the price, I assure you, but the last… last, last, last thing you want to do is replace them. Buying a great knife sharpener (and the AnySharp Pro may just be the best) is the best way to ensure that your investment in knives is a wise and lasting one.
- This is the most sturdy and well-constructed knife sharpener I’ve ever seen. It is obvious that this is a very well crafted kitchen tool. Great thought went into making this the only knife sharpener you’ll need. Since it lasts for years, it’ll be a long time before you have to think of replacing it. While I’m FAR from that happening, I know that when it does – I’ll replace it with another AnySharp Pro.
- They’re so darn pretty. Yest, it is worth repeating.
- Sharpens straight blades and serrated.
- The suction cup grips to the counter as though they’re one. When you put the AnySharp in place and pull the top black lever down, the suction cup on the bottom “becomes one” with the counter or surface it’s placed on. This makes it so sturdy and safe – it literally feels as though the knife sharpener is part of the counter. However, as soon as you’re through, and you pull the black lever back up, it lets go immediately.
- The AnySharp Pro is a cinch to use. The box opens into a set of easy to follow and accomplish instructions.
Furthermore, it’s a gift you can feel extra good about giving because it’s a unique and thoughtful gift that will be used, appreciated, and loved.
Where can you buy the AnySharp Pro Knife Sharpener? Black, Blue, and Silver are available through Amazon (just click the link). I’ll let you know if any additional colors are ever available on Amazon – fortunately blue, black, and silver are three of the most popular colors for kitchen accessories. What’s more, the blue (pictured below) is one of the most beautiful.
If you have any further questions, contact or connect with AnySharp through their following channels: