That has completely changed this past week, however. I was sent a bright, beautiful set of Silicone Egg Poachers (from HighFive Naturals) and my boat isn’t just floating, it has set sail.
A poached egg contains only 70 calories, as opposed to fried eggs or scrambled eggs which are often accompanied by butter, milk, and cheese. A large poached egg supplies more than 6 grams of high-quality protein, 4.7 grams of mostly unsaturated fat and significant amounts of vitamin D, antioxidant compounds and choline – a nutrient essential to Healthy Brain Function.
- Set Of 5 egg poachers in bright, vibrant colors.
- Easy and fun to use.
- Innovative design allows you to make perfectly poached eggs every single time.
- Clear, concise, and easy instructions takes the guesswork out of poaching eggs.
- FDA Approved Food-Safe Silicone, BPA-Free, Temp Resistant form -40 to 450˚F, Dishwasher, Microwave, Freezer and Oven Safe.
- Highly mulit-functional: Use For Baking And Molding, Making Quiche, Custards, Mini-Cheesecakes, Creme Brûlée, Melting Chocolate and Even Steaming Vegetables.
- Your Purchase is Backed by HighFive Naturals Lifetime Money-Back 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
Poached eggs are delicious all by themselves, served with a meat of your choice, or with a piece of toasted bread. They’re also delicious served atop asparagus. Add a little Hollandaise sauce and you’ve got a party.
This set of five silicone poacher “baskets” comes with instructions for easily (and I mean EASILY) poaching eggs – several at a time, even. How cool’s that?
Simply bring water to a boil; reduce to medium. Grease the inside of the poacher with olive oil, add the egg and carefully place into the boiling water (about 4 inches of water is necessary). Cover the pot with a lid – I used a glass pie plate because none of my lids are see through, and I wanted to see what was going on.
Cook 4-6 minutes, then carefully remove the poachers (I used my spider but a slotted spoon would be fine). Flip the poacher upside down to remove the egg or wiggle it out with a spoon.
You can find the beautiful set of 5 colorful Silicone Egg Poachers on Amazon. I highly recommend them!