- chia seeds
I have no idea where these particular obsessions came from, but there you have it.
I recently incorporated each one into a delicious (and I do mean delicious) snack. However, if you double up on the ingredients, it makes a perfectly healthy, filling, and… let’s face it.. gorgeous breakfast or brunch.
- Grab a bowl or even a jar – I love jars because they’re so darn cute. Plus, when the ingredients are pretty, I kind of dig being able to see them.
- Place a layer of frozen raspberries in the bottom. Don’t thaw them, they’ll be perfectly fine. They aren’t “ice hard” and pose no danger to your teeth.
- Add some applesauce – either chunky or regular. I’ve used both and don’t prefer one to the other.
- Add a few more raspberries on top along with a healthy sprinkling of chia seeds.
- If you prefer blackberries or blueberries, by all means, experiment with those. I would imagine either would be delicious! Given the fact that I’m utterly obsessed with raspberries, I haven’t tried either of these berries. I’m not a hater, I simply have priorities.
- Something I’m wanting to experiment with is another fruit I am crazy about – peaches. I’m thinking that if I chopped up frozen peaches and used them along with Cinnamon Applesauce (with, of course, chia seeds), the result would be worth writing home about – make that, the result would be worth blogging about. When I try it, if it IS worth writing about, I’ll come back here and tell you all about it. If it’s a bomb… this never happened.
- This is completely off the “healthy” track, here, but you know something else that’s delectable?! Frozen raspberries with heavy whipping cream. Trust me on this one. It’s crazy good. So are un-frozen peaches and heavy whipping cream. Now my mouth is watering…