In the Glutino Gluten Free Pretzels review I just posted, I told you about a killer Honey Mustard Dip I came up with. Inspired by these crisp and delicious little pretzels, I wanted a sweet and tangy honey mustard dip. One that special, delicious, gluten free, and (one of my all-time favorite adjectives) “kick-y”.
I have an old “go to” honey mustard dip I’ve always served with salads and chicken, but I wanted something a little more tangy. While scourging the refrigerator, I saw a bottle of Guy Fieri BBQ Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce. I thought… “Hmmm, why not…”
I grabbed my other ingredients and set to work. I’ll list the brands I used but feel free to use your own brands. If (like me) you have to eat gluten free, though, be sure to choose brands that are. When it comes to Mayonnaise, Hellman’s is the only one I”ve found that IS gluten free. It’s also exceptional, so it’s all good.
Tangy Honey Mustard Dip
1 cup Hellman’s Mayo
4 tsp French’s Mustard
2 tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed, if possible)
4 TBS Honey
2 TBS Guy Fieri Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
Rachael Ray’s Pink Himalayan Salt (just a little)
Combine everything. That’s it.
A Few Tips:
- Experiment with different brands/flavors of BBQ Sauce. This brand and flavor is just my own personal favorite – which can probably be attributed to the fact that it’s pretty sweet.
- This makes a good amount, which is a necessity because it’s super delicious – but feel free to half it if you’d like.
- I use local honey which may or may not make the dip better.
- For a knock out game day platter, serve block Colby cheese (sliced) and pretzels (Glutino for the GF crowd) along with the dip.
- Chicken is excellent with this dip.
- I would imagine that big fat baked pretzels would be amazing, too.
- I’ve never used this dip as a salad dressing, but I’m thinking it’d be pretty darn good.
[…] minutes from posting the recipe for the Tangy Honey Mustard Dip (I’ll come back here and link to it as soon as I’ve posted it), but I just have to rave […]